Saturday, November 23, 2013

50 YEARS OF DOCTOR WHO

source

In case you didn't know today Whovians everywhere are celebrating 50 years of Doctor Who.

50 YEARS. That's half a century you guys!! that's a long time for any show to be airing. It is a pretty big thing for all us fans out there. We were pretty thrilled. My sisters and I are all big Whovians so we went a bit Fan-Crazy and dressed up as characters from the show, hung up Doctor Who decorations and baking TARDIS cookies.

They were pretty delicious if I may so say so myself.

As for my outfit, I was trying for an Amy Pond thing. I think I did a pretty good job with that.



I'm such a geek *grin*

It was a lovely day, really. We spent the rest of the afternoon making TARDIS garlands, listening to Doctor Who theme Music and having quote offs. Its was a blast!



But want to know something funny? My sisters and I have been looking forward to watching the Doctor Who Special for months. And then today came. And we realized.

We had no idea how to watch said 50th.

The Once-In-a-Lifetime event and we were about to miss it all because we didn't have cable. And nothing on line was working.

We actually looked up how to watch it on youtube, Quite by accident we ran into a Doctor Who interview that rapidly turned into a countdown. A countdown to the special. They started at Ten. And we were all like "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" - WE WERE MISSING IT!

Then we remember that our amazing friends up the street had cable.

And in our desperation we crashed their house, with permission of course, and settle down on their couch to watch the Doctor Who 50th.

Okay, Bad first. I was a teeny bit disappointed at the end. It felt like, after all the hype and build up there would have been more. I think I was expecting something a lot bigger and as it was, it was just like a really good episode in a normal series. It didn't feel like a 50-year Special. I wish they had brought in more of the other character and references, and maybe made the overall feel a little more intense. It was good and I liked it, it just wasn't as good as I was expecting. It was amazing to see Matt and David work together and John Hurt, though still absolutely NOT the Doctor was better than I thought he'd be.  The Special was a great experience and I was very glad I hadn't missed out on it. Eleven and Ten together was brilliant and funny and there were a lot of great moments. I'll probably like it better the second time around, now I know what to expect.



Anyway, to Celebrate this MOMENTOUS day in Doctor Who history I have decided to follow in Treski's lead and do Tasha's Doctor Who tag from last year. Enjoy :)

1| If you decided to name your first born child after any Doctor Who character, male or female, who would it be?
If it was a girl I would name her Amelia and if it was a boy I would name him Arthur - Rory for short.

2| What is your favourite colour of the Doctor's shoes?

I really liked the Doctor's red converses. They are amazing.


3| Look around yourself and name the one thing that is TARDIS blue in your house!
The office chair in the piano room
4| If you could pick who plays the Twelfth Doctor which actor would you choose and why?
Well.... The actor is already chosen, and actually I think he'll be quite good.

5| The Doctor is going back in time again, which historical era should he visit?
He should visit the American Revolution, or maybe see Arthur and his knights of the round table.

6| Would you REALLY go with the Doctor in the TARDIS?
Would I? I don't know honestly. A mad man comes sailing into my backyard, hops out and says "Hey, travel the Universe with me?" I dunno if I'd run into his arms or panic. I've never been anywhere on earth let alone any of the planets in space. So I may or may not go travelling. I probably would. But if I did I'd be the Clara type of companion. Pick me up, drop me off. Pic me up, drop me off. Pick me up drop me off.

7| Who's your favorite Doctor and why?
It took me a long time to answer this question because I was trying to decide if Nine or Eleven was my favorite. After deep thought I finally mad a decision.


I have been trying to pin-point what finally sold me on Eleven. Nine was my Doctor for a very long time,  and it took me a until Season 4 to get over his regeneration. I think he will always be my special Doctor, but I don't think I like him more than Eleven. I just love him in a different way, a more special way. He introduced me to the fandom and he was the reason I got hooked. So I'll always have a soft spot for him. That being said, I think Eleven is probably my favorite Doctor. As his time comes to a close and we are faced with his regeneration, I realize more and more how much I love him. I don't want him to leave. I hate change. Especially when the change it going to be traumatic. Which it is.

8| Would you be afraid to spend Christmas in London?

No. No I would not be afraid to spend Christmas in London. And if anything did happen, which of course it would, be London, I'm sure the Doctor would sort it all out. And then I could meet him. Which would be brilliant.

9| Do you look at an ordinary screwdriver and think 'this could be a bit more sonic?'
Yep. every single time.

10| Angel statues, plastic mannequins, Christmas trees - what ordinary everyday object would you love to make an object of terror to Whovians were you Steven Moffat?
Radios. Radios should be the next horrible thing

11| The TARDIS lands in your garden and the Doctor steps out. What is the first thing you say to him?
"What? You're real? how can you be real?!"
12| Who is your favorite actor who has played the Doctor so far and why?
Matt Smith is my favorite actor so far. He is just super sweet and kind and he seems to be the Doctor on set as well as off it. He's just amazing. I love him.


13| Have you seen any Classic Doctor Who? If so, which Doctor/episode(s) is your favorite?
 

I have watched Classic Doctor Who, but not many of them. I've watched some of One and Two and a little bit of Four. My favorite episodes are with Four. He's kind of like Ten. Or Ten is like him. Or whatever.

14| Which are the creepiest, scariest and all-out meanest baddies in all the Who-niverse?
The Angels started out really creepy at first but they've gone down hill a bit, so not them. Let me think... There is this one alien. Not sure what its called. but it looks... well, kind of.... you know I can't really describe them. They're just... I dunno. Aliens. Creepy freaky aliens.


Oh well. I would show you a picture but none of them seem to work, they're just blank. So you'll have to try and find some yourself.

What's with the marks on my arm?

15| Who is/are your favorite Companion(s) and why?
As you already know, Amy and Rory Pond are my favorite companions. I love their character, their relationship with the Doctor, the fact that they're husband and wife, I love everything about them


16| Did you cry more watching Doomsday or The Angels Take Manhattan?
I hate to say it but I actually cried more with Doomsday. The Angels Take Manhattan was heartbreaking, it was. I sobbed. I was devastated. But mostly I was just angry. I was angry that the Ponds were gone. I was angry that they left without reason and couldn't come back just... because. It really upset me. I think I had equal amount of feels, Doomsday just had me crying harder.

17| What is your favorite quote from the show?

 There are so many great ones I actually had to play the close-eyes-and-point-game. My finger landed on an Amelia Pond quote.

18| Which Doctor (including all previous regenerations) would you most like to be the companion of, and why?

I would love to travel with the Eleventh Doctor. Because out of all of them he is the kindest and the most wild. He's the 'friend' the helper, the mad and impossible big brother that everyone wants. And travelling with him would be the best thing in all the world.

19| Which of the following are you more scared of, the Daleks, Cybermen, or the Weeping Angles?

Weeping Angels are the worst. I hope Moffat, or whomever keeps directing Doctor Who takes them back to how they were in Blink cause in the beginning they were freakin' terrifying

Do
Not
 Blink


20| Who are some of your favorite guest stars in the series?

Carey Mulligan, Colin Morgan and Simon Pegg.
He doesn't usually look like that *grin*
21| What was your first experience with Doctor Who and how did you hear about the series?
My first experience with Doctor Who was when I accidentally clicked a trailer on the Youtube sidebar and decided it look silly and it must be one of those sci-fi shows everyone is into but me. Our Whovians friends from Mass soon fixed that, lending all the seasons and getting us hooked on the show. I'm such a hug fan now. How could I have ever thought it silly?

22| The Ninth Doctor said, 'Fantastic!', Ten said, 'Allons-y', and Eleven says, 'Geronimo'; what would you like to be the signature exclamation of the Twelfth Doctor?

The Twelth Doctor should say "Ach, well" or "Fascinating." What does the Doctor say?

Who?
Who?
Who?


23| If you were trapped in an episode, which one would it be?
The Power of Three because I love that episode way too much and its just the place the Doctor and the Ponds might run into me.

24| Which is your favorite episode with each Doctor (Nine, Ten and Eleven)?

WHAT? Narrowed down to one??? *Headdesk*

With the Ninth Doctor my favorite episode is "Bad Wolf/The Parting of Ways"


 With Ten it was Doomsday or Journey's end. Those were both brilliant and you can not make me decide between them. I refuse.


Eleven? Eleven was either Vampires in Venice or The Power of Three.

25| After watching a certain Doctor Who episode, did you summon up the courage to try fish sticks and custard?


I want to eat Fish Fingers and Custard, I really do. I tried buying some today, but it didn't work out. however, the minute I do try it I'll be sure to share the experience with you :-)
Well! that was fun!! Happy Doctor Who Day all my fellow fans and I hope you all had a very Whovian Saturday. Long Live Doctor Who!

Confetti it's a parade!!!


God Bless!
~Bella


5 comments:

  1. And a Happy Doctor Who Day to you!
    Aww, you did my tag again, too! :)
    That is my favorite DW quote too, the Amy quote. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Doctor Who day - hope this message isn't late - time travel ya' know!!

      Your tag was so brilliant I couldn't resist :)

      Delete
  2. OMG Another whovian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D *internet hug* I love your blog!! :)
    Sorry if I creeped you out. I am just glad to find another whovian hehe. Please do stop by.. although I haven't posted much Dr Who ... yet... :P
    http://ramblingsfromaustralia.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLOOOOOOOOOO FELLOW FAN!!! *hugs back* no, you didn't creep me out. We whovians tend to be very enthusiastic, so I'm used to it. thanks for taking the time to check out my blog and comment :) I'll be sure to look at yours!

      Delete
    2. XD it's ok and yes we do tend to be very enthusiastic. I find it fantastic (get it ?? :) )
      Thanks! I'll probably do this tag now :)

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things