Saturday, May 10, 2014

I haven't done any editing today

source
This means, of course, that I am going to have to do a LOT of editing tonight. I'll be up late typing away like a crazed writer who has nothing else to do but pay attention to her characters.

But I do have a valid reason for slacking today. Even my partner in Camp NaNo agreed is was a good excuse.

MY BOOK CAME IN YESTERDAY!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!


source

Finally, after weeks and week of waiting The Runaway King finally came in! I could finally read what happens to Sage after... well after THAT. And it was worth the wait. Because the book was amazing. I was so happy to have it that I read the first half last night and the rest this morning. Then I picked up book three and just kept reading until I was finished with it. *SPOILERS AHEAD*

I really, really love Jaron. and I'm probably going to do a proper review on both these books, but for now I'm just going to say they were the most satifying reads I've had in a while. I love each of the characters. I even liked characters I never thought I would. And I got unexpected friendship stories and love stories and adventure and it was brilliant!!!! I definitely recommend them to anyone with time and a thirst for adventure. And I thank my friend for showing them to me.

Now I can finish The Gallagher Girls and try not to freak out over Preston or Zack too much. And try not to think anything bad is going to happen to Liz. Because why should it?

I now have a whole line of books lined up to read. I want to read a series which appears to be a type of Wild West with Magic. I want to read "Sorcery and Cecilia" I want to re-read all the Howl books, including "Castle In the Air" which I have never actually read. But I might wait until after NaNo to read any of these.... cause I really need to finish my book.

My book. Yes, its coming along. Tyson isn't so bad now, though he still irks me. I think he is a twerp and infuriating. But he isn't all bad. I'm not ready to release a proper snippet yet, but I hope to in a few days. Please remember this is the rough draft and not the finish product, and also the first book I've actually FELT like finishing. Its the first time I've taken the time to think, "This is how it should be. This is what's going to happen. This is how it will all end." So many of my stories have failed because I didn't have an exact plan. My stories are usually just a bunch of characters who do nothing all day. But this time my characters came together and made a plot. They have motives and needs. They actually need to get from point A to point B and that is a big step in the right direction for me. It also helps that I really care about my characters. Except the villains. My antagonist isn't so great either.

Another reason I haven't done much editing yesterday or today... (cringes) I stayed the night at my sisters house last night and put down my story to watch a movie with popcorn and M&M's. These were delicious of course, because, well, you can't go wrong with Popcorn and M&M's. The movie, on the other hand, was not so grand. In fact it was really quite dreadful. I will tell you the name of it so you know to avoid it. Its called Run. It has William Mosley in it. And he was basically the only good actor in the whole film. Him and his dad. And there was one other kid who was okay. But the girlfriend was obnoxious. Super obnoxious. Everything I hate in annoying female characters. And she wasn't a great actress either. The whole movie was slow. The trailer made it seem like this epic chase movie with lots of chasing and parkering and the Moffia. But it wasn't like that. It was slow. And boring. And silly. And I kept laughing at all the wrong times. Times that should have been sad but weren't. Amy and Treskie were laughing too. And for some reason all of us laughing increased the hilarity and just made us laugh more.

It was a terrible movie. Avoid it. Its not worth watching.

May must be the month for stories. A few days ago a genie named Archimedes walked up to me and demanded I write his story. He brought his friend Eric along, which makes me think its going to be a friendship story. Maybe even a brother-friendship story. Which is good. I'll try not to kill anyone this time around. But I told them both they'd just have to be patient because I'm trying to tell someone elses story at the present, as well as finish school. That made them pout but I think they can wait. They seem to be good at that. Though I wouldn't call it waiting so much as lurking. On my bed. and poking me when I try to sleep. Which I really do not need because I already have Tyson and Peregrine doing that to me. I really don't need to more characters from a DIFFERENT story pestering me. I swear, its like characters think all we writers have time to do is tell their stories!! What about life?? What about Jaron?? He NEEDED me. I can't give all my time to them!

I hope to share a better NaNo update soon. I'm really going to try and finish this.... Please wish me luck! Its much appreciated.

Add caption



~Ben The Robot~

4 comments:

  1. It is better just to sit down and read them all at once. I had to work in between The Shadow Throne and I was jumping around like a nervous cat. "Can I help you? JARON!!! I mean...." Trying to function while reading those books is not a good idea.

    You've pretty much been tagged, and you have to do it because I had to think up questions AFTER watching WS and it wasn't easy.

    http://www.jacklewisbaillot.com/2014/05/i-made-breakfast-if-you-eat-that-sort.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do your tag, promise :) I read them both in two days. So **BOOM!** I wish there were more. Does she write anything else?

      Delete
    2. I know! I finished it and even though I LOVED how everything ended, I wanted more. Sadly, I don't think she does. She might be working on something, but so far I think that is all she has published. It's a shame. She is brilliant.

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things