I went to work for the first time today.
I have discovered Three things.
One: I may be more on the extrovert side but I definitely have some introvert in me and I did not like being away from home for four hours. With the public. It was not fun.
Two: I don't like making sandwiches. It makes me nervous and flustered and my hands shake.
Three: If it wasn't for Disneyland I wouldn't be doing this.
I kept reminding myself this is my first day. it will get better. It will get better. It will get better. I think a lot of the anxiety was because I have never done anything like this before. EVER. And when I get nervous I forget stuff. Stuff I usually know up down and sideways. Its why I don't test well. And when I was making sandwiches I'd forget things. And then I'd get more nervous.
The first couple hours were the worst. I was so anxious and I kept worrying that I wasn't getting anything right. But as it went on I got a little better. I wasn't calm or anything but I didn't feel like crying every time I got a piece of bread out. I kept shouting BUCKY! and DISNEYLAND!! in my head to keep my courage up. And.... I think for a first time thing I did pretty well. I told myself this while waiting outside the shop for my ride to come take me home. I was only there four hours. I am still learning the ropes. I can do this. I am the Master Commander!
Then my sister came and I kind of unloaded all my pent up nerves on her and she was awesome and took me out for coffee cause big sisters do that sort of thing. And then I came home and fried my brain on pinterest and tried not to think.
My first day at work.
A little awful.
A little stressful.
A little okay.
I think I can do this.
FOR DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
| source |
After Pinterest I happened into my room and leaped on to the bed. And I was pleasantly surprised to find it was squishy. SQUISHY! Like, sooooooft. As in I sunk into it. That has never happened. Ever.
Our Mattress sucks.
I was contemplating how this phenomenon had happened and when I remembered my mom had gone off the hill this morning. I got really excited and peaked under the covers to see if my theory was right. It was. Guys?? I have memory foam!!!!
| source |
I'm going to have lots of fun with this. Lots of fun. Every time someone comes into my room.
"Hey, I have memory foam...." Then I will laugh to myself because I am so funny and clever to have made that reference.
I have to write tonight and that means a short post. I'm sorry it can't be helped. I will try to post for real tomorrow, I will. BUT GUYS! I AM ONLY 3,000 WORDS AWAY FROM 50,000!!!!!!
Which is why I am going, leaving you with such a feeble, boring post. I'm doing NaNo! Deal with it!
GOD BLESS Y'ALL! And thanks sooooooo much for your prayers. They are much appreciated :)
*Slides off Car*
Bella.
This is anything but a boring post! Congrats on your first day of work!! :D Sounds like you're off to a good start to me...I would have been twice as nervous as you were and dropped things constantly. ;)
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks Natasha. I was much more freaked then I sound, believe me
DeleteAww, first days are ALWAYS terrible!. Whenever I made a mistake or did something clumsy my nerves would sky rocket and stuff like that would keep happening :P It got better though! Just keep up the pep talk to yourself!
ReplyDelete~Mary
I'll keep shouting "FOR DISNEYLAND!" and hope that makes everything better. *giggle* once I have enough money If its too terrible I can always quit....
DeleteYou have memory foam? Use that line every chance you get. Every. Chance.
ReplyDeleteJerk
Jim the Space Adventurer
oh I will. believe me :)
DeletePunk
thank you :) it hasn't been easy but I'm making it!!!!!
ReplyDelete