Monday, March 20, 2017

In which I want to post but I have no idea what to post about.


Yo people of the internet!

Guess what today was!

Well yes, it was the first day of Spring. It was also the day Catholics celebrate the feast of St. Joseph, Foster Father of Jesus Christ. (His feast day was yesterday but because he's such a big Saint, if it falls on a Sunday the Church gives it it's own day of celebration.) This means we got to have a little relief from the Lenten penitence. For me and my sisters this involved the skipping of a meal so we could partake of tea-cakes and coffee at eight thirty at night.

We DeLallo's sure get crazy with our feasting. Lol. We all worked late so that was about as much as we could manage.

I've no idea what to post about guys. I am sooooo tired. I was on a energy high last night and didn't get to sleep 'till some creeping hour after midnight. I got a little writing done though, and that was excellent! Life goals and all that. I had so many goals this year. *siiiiiiigh* My goals are not working out. Granted, it's only March but as far as 2017 goes I've gotten off to a rough start, creative-wise. It's especially annoying when I actually try to be creative and my creative juices won't flow. I think some of it has to do with how sick I've been these past few months, and not sleeping well. No rest means no creativity. Unless it's 3:00 AM. Then your mind wakes up sure and steady!



I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but do you ever get super excited about a certain story and you can see the whole finished product in your head like a beautiful masterpiece, but when you start work on it you think that maybe you can't actually write this beautiful story?

That is what's been happening to me. 8-P

JUST GET IT DONE BELLA.

What I want to do is take a long walk with my notebook. I want to sit in nature until my mind remembers to what creative is. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. It's been too long since I've climbed a tree. Now that Spring is here I'm feeling much more friendly toward the wilderness. I'm more of an outdoor person in the warm months than in the cold. Call me whimpy if you want. There isn't a lot to do in the snow. Once Spring sets in I'm like "YAAAAAAS. TREES! ROOFS! LIGHT! SUN! LIFE!"

I want to go swimming, but it's not quite that warm out yet. Sadly. 8-( I think swimming would help my back. It's been acting up lately.

With that random bit of information out of the way, here is a Japanese* song I've been obsessed with these past few months. I'm trying to learn it for singing class. Unfortunately the only copy you can find on Youtube that isn't pitched is the one performed live. The guy who sings it is a bit weird so feel free to ignore him. Don't judge until you read the lyrics. They're sad. 8-(

*Yes I said Japanese. It's was one of the opening songs in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I love it.



READ LYRICS HERE:

 My favorite line is in the fifth verse: 

You, who gave me a new start by your consolations,   and the hateful and cowardly me.
It’s about time… Fumbling, my troubles spill down my tired cheeks

There is something beautifully sad about that line. It reminds me of a person who has tried his/her absolute hardest and had it all backfire on them. It also reminds me of that feeling you get when you've succeeded but at a heavy price. Like Frodo at the top of Mount Doom, knowing the Ring is destroyed but he will never be the same. It make me more determined then ever to write good characters who face intense moral dilemma's and painful sacrifices, but they still do what's right. However scared and weak they feel, they do the better thing. The noble, hard thing. Being a good person doesn't make your decisions any easier. Usually it makes them harder. I want readers like me to have more characters to relate to. Not just morally grey people who sometimes do the right thing, but actually good people sticking to their values, however hard. Contrary to popular belief, Good doesn't mean Flat. It's much harder to be Good than Grey.

Sometimes Japanese lyrics are deep and they help me write. I need to draw inspiration from wherever I can get it. I don't even care if it's weird. This song is beautiful. 

Ooooh. Now I have an idea about a song review. Or analogy. Or talk? Something like that. A "Lyrics in relation to the writing/inspiration" thing. That's sounds interesting.

On that note, I'm off. It's almost eleven here and I have to get to bed.





*swings around cape and leaps off stage*



Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things