Saturday, January 7, 2017

So. 2017. *crazed laughter*


As all of you know, I am not a good blogger. I have good intentions but I really don't blog half so much as I ought to. Back in the Summer, I gave my blog a face lift and talked a little bit about being a dreamer and how I was going to make this blog a "safe place" for people like that. Then I promptly crashed, losing any sort of inspiration. Now that the New Year is hear, I am going to try and remember this mission. Part of the problem was that I really didn't know how to approach my new blog idea. However, I think I have an idea now, of what I'd like to do here.

I want to start posting once a week for starters. *More Crazed Laughter* I want to try and post something positive, optimistic, or fanciful about my week. I'd like to start talking a little more seriously about stories, writing, poetry, and the overall stunning glory of God's world, which is so easy to miss out on now-days. I want to post about beautiful things. With this mission in mind, my blog should be much more themed this year. Here's hoping!!!!!!!

As a Kick-Off for the New Year I am going to do the New Year's Tag.

1.) What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?

Erm. I went to Frontsight, I got a job. I started writing a musical. Oh! And I visited the ocean with my friend Jack and my younger sisters! 8-D

2.) Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make one this year?

I don't properly remember my New Year's resolutions. I don't think I had any for 2016. But I do have tentative resolutions for 2017. Mainly to focus on my writing and take some freaking music theory. (MAYBE ACT???)

3.) Did anyone close to you give birth?

Oh yes! My sister did! His name is Dominic. He's adorable.

4.) Did anyone close to you die?

No, Thank God.

5.) What countries/states did you visit?

I only went to Nevada. That was it and it's not that big of an achievement, seeing as I live fairly close to that state. Probably the biggest thing I did travelling-wise was going to the Ocean. That crap was beautiful, and it was tons of fun. Behold God's untempered magnificence!

6.) What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?

Moooooooooney! Lol. I guess I'd like an actual house to live in, not a flat. A cute little two-room cabin would be nice.

7.) What day in 2016 will remain forever etched in your memory?

November 7th. The last and best day I had at Frontsight. I hope I will never forget it.

8.) Did you move anywhere?

Well, I was briefly in Nevada but then I came back home and am now living with two of my sisters. Otherwise, no.

9.) What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I'd love to say 'I got my license!' but alas, that isn't true. So.... I placed into the third round in the contest at Frontsight. And I can actually shoot now, even though I need to practice on speed.

10.) What was your biggest failure?

Failing my driving test. Twice. Curse you parallel parking! I knew I could do it but my nerves were less sure. *blows smoke from ears.*

I was not this kid.


11.) Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nah. I'm all good.

12.) What was the best thing you bought?

I bought my very own copy of the Fullmetal Alchemist; Brotherhood series. Complete with OVA episodes.

13.) Whose behaviour Merited celebration?

My Mom is the ultimate superwoman. Honourable mentions would be Gavin from the library, my sister Mahri, and my brother.


14.) Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

A person whom I will not say the name of. Such a person made me very appalled and depressed. And angry too. *scowls at said person.*

15.) Where did most of your money go?

Toward books, Anime and Manga, and Reeses.. And I bought gifts for everyone at Christmas, which was very fun, by the way.

16.) What did you get really, really, really excited about?

FRONTSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT! And of course, my visit to the ocean. I am so grateful that Jack let me come with her to that. Oh! And my brother's wedding, way back at the start of the year!

17.) What was the best concert you've been to this year?

I saw no concert. I did however, see a bootleg of Les Miserables and it was magnificent.



18.) What song/album will always remind you of 2016?

My 2016 song is probably Battle Scars by Paradise Fears. The album would be.... hmmm. Bring Me Giants, by James Barbour.

19.) Compared to this time last year are you:

Determined. Determined to live my life as best and as hopefully as I can, and to make the most of what is given to me. God's got this. I'm determined to be a good, if anxious soldier under His banner.

20.) What do you wish you'd done more of? 

I didn't do any acting at all last year. I'm homesick for the Theatre. I wish I'd done more writing too.

21.) What do you wish you'd done less of? 

I wish I had done less of nothing. I was stuck without a car or anywhere to go within walking distance for most of this year, which meant I did almost none of the things I wanted to do. Like act and Dance

22.) What's your greatest Musical discovery?

Bring Me Giants (James Barbour) Ghost the musical, and as much as I hate the plot and premise, I liked a lot of the songs and music from Bridges of Madison County*. Kelli O'hara has an amazing voice, and that whole album inspires me to write music of my own. It showed me how much music can inflict mood on a scene; from contemplating and hopeful, to excited and bedazzled.

*I don't recommend this musical for a number of reasons, number one being that its about an affair. I only listen to a few select songs from it.

23.) How did you spend your Christmas?

Rather like the others, I spent Christmas at Homebase with my family, good food, and some very great friends. My brother and sister-in-law also came up with their kids, which was wonderful.

24.) How did you/are you spending New Years?

This was a nice New Year. Usually I slog through until midnight, say a small "Happy New Year," and vanish to my room. This year, my family (+friends) completed a Three-Day Lord of the Rings Marathon on New Year's Eve. We were invited to Sammi B's house for the last movie and finished the RoTK just a few minutes before midnight. After an epic count down to midnight, we toasted in the New Year with poppers and horns, and the sound of bagpipes flooding from outside, as they always do.  We kicked 2016 into the past with much ghusto, called out HAPPY NEW YEAR! And went home. We're such party animals it's ridiculous. Our New Year's are pretty freaking lay-back.

I honestly thing there are few better ways to start the New Year than with an LOTR marathon. It stirs up your soul in a big way. Let this be the hour when we draw swords together! Fell deeds awake; Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the red dawn! ..... RIDE NOW!

25.) Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerm. My sister Tiny and... Jack?

26.) What was the best book you read?

My favourite book of this year was probably The Penderwicks in Spring by Jean Birdsall. Yes, it was a painful book and yes, I cried a lot in it, but it helped me with some of my own struggles. I found a kindred spirit in Batty. She is dear. It also got me back into my clarinet and made me feel like maybe I could write music, so there is that.

Honourable mentions include; Castle in the Air: Diana Wynne Jones, Screaming Staircase; Bartimeus:  Jonathan Stroud. Heist Society: Ally Carter. Pandora Hearts (10): Jun Mochizuki.* Noragami (11-14): Adachitoka**

*Yes, it's a manga.

** Yes, another manga. Don't judge me.

27.) Did you fall in love in 2016?

What? No way! *thrashing anime noises*

No love life for this girl, yet. This is probably good. I don't think I'm ready for that.

28.) What was your favourite TV show?

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.



Honourable mentions include: Hunter x Hunter, Hawaii 5-0, Pandora Hearts, and Lethal Weapon.

29.) Do you have anyone you hate now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Not really. There are some people are strongly dislike. Some that have annoyed me or caused me distress.

For example, I strongly dislike a certain party of people more than normal. #NewAgePharisees



30.) What did you want and get?

I wanted Musical Notation notebooks and by golly, I got them!

31.) What did you want and not get?

Ghost; the musical.

32.) What were your favourite films of this year?

Doctor Strange and The Magnificent Seven.


Mister... - It's Doctor. - Mister Doctor? - It's Strange.

33.) What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

Here is the thing. My birthday is in January, so sweet 18-year-old me has been around all year. That's a long time folks. What I'll do is briefly recall my last birthday and tell you the plan for my next one.

Well, I was sick with Broncitas for my 18th birthday. *

I work this birthday, but I plan to have a few of my siblings and Jack over for dinner. I think I'll watch either The Giver or .... Something epic. I am on a Lord of the Rings high, so I'll need to watch something emotional and grand. Maybe one of the Marvel movies, or Gladiator.  Or The Eagle.




34.) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?

I was basically Vanellope from Wreck it, Ralph!


I'm adorable!


35.) What kept you sane? 

Prayer. Anime. The library. My sister Tiny.

36.) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I actually didn't have a celebrity figure that I especially fancied this year. I like Chris Pratt and Il Volo, but that's old news. So, no public figure has made much of an impression on me since 2015.

37.) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Passing my driving test would have made my year much better. *headdesk*

38.) What political issue stirred you the most?

The freaking Elections man. Oh my gosh. I was in Pahrump learning about guns all day; then I went home that night and worried (and prayed) about our next presidential candidate.

39.) Who did you miss?

Sammi Bender </3. Also, my adorable little nieces.

40.) Who was the best new person you met?

I don't really meet people. I guess Gavin has only been around a year, so I'll count him. He's dear.

41.) Tell  us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016.



-Noragami

Life is full of suffering and pain, but it is also full of joy and happiness. Everyone has their own crosses, their own burdens and trials that they must undergo, whether for the betterment of themselves, or the betterment of many, or both. I've known this for a while but it really hit me this year. Life is a walk in shadow, but that doesn't mean there isn't any light. And despite all the hardships life is actually worth living. To see a sunset, to feel wild wind, to witness the glory of a waterfall, to have good company and good meals, to enjoy stories and laughter, to experience love and friendship; all of these are good reasons to endure the bad days. The bad weeks. Even the bad years. And no matter how bad things get, one day all the suffering will end. The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass. Then you see it. White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise. 

42.) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

Rain came pouring down when I was drowning, that's when I could finally breathe... And by morning gone was any trace of you, I think I am finally clean. - (Clean, Taylor Swift.)

Also, this incredibly relateable verse: On and on, like we're living on a broken record, hope is strong, but misery's a little quicker. Sit, and we wait, and we drown there, thinking, 'Why bother playing when it's unfair?' They say life's a waste, I say they lack belief. They tell me luck will travel, I tell 'em that's why I've got feet. Left, right, left, right,  moving along to the pulse of a heartbeat [....] Don't stop. March on. (Battle Scars, Paradise Fears.)


43.) Fiver personally significant events of 2016.

1.) My brother's wedding. We welcomed our new sister into the family with much merry making  and friendly company. Especially my sister Gina, her husband, and her kids. It was a good week.

2.) Visiting the Ocean in July with my best friend and some of my siblings.

3.) FRONTSIIIIIIIIIGHT. NOVEMBER 4-8th!!!

4.) February 16th, when my amazing brother treated the whole family to Disneyland.

5.) November 31st because, reasons.

44.) Five things I want to do in 2017.

1.) Take a music classes.

2.) Audition for a play or musical.

3.) Write at least the rough draft of a musical, and finish at least the first draft of my Cyril book.

4.) Spend more time with my sisters

5.) Pray hard, fight well, and live the life God gave me with fewer fears and more happiness.

45.) Five people I'd like to know better in 2017.



How was your 2016? Are you optimistic about 2017? Can you believe it's 2017??




*swings around cape and leaps off stage*



Bella

1 comment:

  1. How is it 2017?! and yes to the LOTR Marathon! my brother and I had a Hobbit Marathon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things