Sunday, December 4, 2016

Fifteen-Day Anime Character Challenge

Hi y'all! Happy First Sunday of Advent!!!!

I've done some thinking and I decided that I am going to do the Fifteen-Day Character Challenge!!! I originally was going to do animated movies/TV shows/Cartoons, but I've decided to challenge myself even farther and do just anime!!! (Including Avatar;TLA because I count that one as I sort of anime.) If this challenge goes over well, maybe I'll do one for musicals next month, or in February! Anyone can join in this challenge, and you can take your pick between caroons, animated shows, and the like.




DAY ONE! The First Character you absolutely loved.

It's a toss up between Sokka and Zuko. But if I go by the very first character which made me go, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!," It's Zuko.

Oh my goooooosh! Talk about a solid, complex, beautiful character! Zuko was pretty much the embodiment of conflicted antagonist. Even in season one when he was actively hunting down the Avatar - sweet, lil' Aang -  I never hated Zuko.  He just seemed like someone who was doing what he believed had to be done. 


“ “I don’t need luck though, I don’t want it. I’ve always had to struggle and fight and that’s made me strong. It’s made me who I am."
”
Prince Zuko

Zuko is one of those characters that is fantastic, because he is sympathetic, but he is never painted as being in the right when he is making bad choices. Which he does quite a bit. He's ridiculous, and he makes stupid mistakes, and half the time your yelling at him because ZUKO YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER! But he also has a big heart, and an incredible strength of character. He fails over and over. He does the wrong thing. Makes a bad decision. But he always gets up. When things are at there hardest, he doesn't give up. He may fumble - a lot - but in the end he does what he believes to be right. I love that about Zuko. 


Have any of you seen Avatar:TLA? Do you have a favorite animated character - anime or otherwise? 


*swings around cape and leaps off stage*



Bella

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! And wow, Zuko sounds like a complex, believable character, with good motivation. Which I can appreciate in any character. :-) I'm definitely going to do this challenge, probably for animated films in general (and I think a musicals challenge is a great idea!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would like Avatar! You should give it a go. The first season is a little slow, and it is definitely the silliest of the lot, but if you can get through it to season 2, the action and plot development certainly picks up. Plus, the characters are fun, goofy, complex, and interesting. It's well worth the watch. 8-)

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things