Sunday, December 11, 2016

Anime Character Challenge [ Day Six & Seven ]


Day Six: The Character you would fall for. 

Hmmm. I need someone who is funny, passionate, sweet, caring, and dopey. Someone who will calm me when I'm stressed out, someone who will make me feel better about life in general.


"I'm just the guy in the group whose regular."


I can see myself going out with Sokka from A:TLA. If he asked me to dinner I'd go. He's a dork. He has a ton of wacky ideas, he goes out on a limb, he's sarcastic and silly, and he's clumsy without caring. He messes up a lot, and trips over himself, but he has a big heart and a good sense of humor. He doesn't let things get to him. He'd make me laugh, which is good. Also, Sokka's brave. He has a strong moral compass that he follows no matter what. He does the right thing, no matter how hard it is. If he knows something is wrong he won't change his view, even if everyone else tells him he is over-reacting, or that he isn't seeing the situation correctly. He's very sweet and gentle. He's a good, normal guy with a funny way of seeing the world and I love him as a character.


Day Seven: The Character you want to be like.

If I could be as kind, compassionate, and forgiving as Alphonse Elric I would count myself lucky. If I could be as brave and optimistic as he is, that would be something incredible.


"I'm sick of watching people die, and I can't just sit back and take it anymore."


Alphonse faced obstacle after obstacle but he never lost hope. His dad abandoned him, his mother died before he hit his teens, he lost his body and was trapped inside a metal suit, unable to feel physical pleasures or comforts of any kind. Then he was put through heart-ache after heart-ache in his search to get his body back and restore his brother's body to normal as well. But he never gave up. Not once. And wow, he was really forgiving of Hohenheim for being absent from his life for 10+ years. And of Kimbley's men. Oh, and of Scar too. And wow, he was so self-sacrificing. Save someone stranger or help myself? Okay, the stranger. Like, geez. And don't get me started on his friendship with Edward. He would give up everything for that brother of his. Let's also not mention that he deals with his problems bravely, and he's a cupcake, and how on earth can he be so sweet when he's been put through so much?? Wow. Alphonse Elric, man. Alphonse Elric. <3

I might not want to be exactly like Alphonse - I'm me and like it that way - but he certainly has some admirable traits, and I'd like to see those grow and thrive in myself.

Do you have a character that inspires you to be a better person? Do these sorts of characters help you understand why writers are so important in society?

God Bless! AND HAPPY THIRD SUNDAY OF ADVENT!



*swings around cape and leaps off stage*



Bella

1 comment:

  1. ADVENT IS GOING BY SO FAST LIKE WHAT. It seems like it just started halp.

    Ohhh I'd definitely want to be like Izaya from Durarara!! That'd be majorly awesome.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things