Friday, September 2, 2016

Writers Camp [ Day Ten ] Sample Time!


I'm still behind. What can I say? This week has been something of a dark well of doom. I totally failed my driving test. Parallel parking is the stupidest thing ever invented.



Stupid parallel parking. Why is it even a thing?




Today you get to sample some of my writing! I know I've shared some stuff before, but today I will share some lyrics from one of my new musicals, as well as the first page of the Juliette Private Detective; AOA book.  8-) Please enjoy!!

LYRICS FROM THE MUSICAL I'M WRITING!!! This isn't the one about the world turning grey. I don't have a name for that one yet, nor many actual melodies. I want to call it Colored in Love but I'm not sure about that name. Anyway! Here are lyrics from my Fan-Musical, the musical I'm writing in honor of one of my favorite books. I'm not ready to share the name of it yet. But Hopefully one I'm done I can plan some sort of Concept Fan-Cast of some kind. I dunno. Thoughts! Anyway, these next lines are taken from one of the love songs. I quite like it. It's called Curious.

FEMALE
MALE
Curious...
Curious.
What is this feeling / curious
What is this? Curious.
For a moment was there something?
For a moment could I almost...?
It's builds inside me / curious.
It wants to build / how curious
Concern... for me...

For a moment did my heart just run?
For a moment did I just...?
Running through me / this feeling.
Something trying / to break into me...
Curious,
Curious!
strangely disturbing and strong
Strangely disturbing, it almost won!
What is this curiously in me?
What is this curiosity beyond my reach?



YARRRR? YE LIKE? CAUSE I'M SCARED ABOUT SHARING LYRICS.



Onward!! Here's a little sneak peek at my detective book!


Juliette, Private Detective AOA. 

Juliette was her name. Juliette Veronica Walgrey. Though usually she just went by Juliette, and sometimes just plain "J" which is what her brother called her. She was an even 5-2 1/2, and rather on odd sight to behold. She preferred skirts to pants, and had thick auburn hair which she kept tightly french braided whenever she worked a case. On the window of her flat was a sign that read "Juliette Walgrey. AOA." Among other things she liked to call herself a consulting detective, or Private Detective. She was the last one you'd expect.
   Juliette's office was small. It was downstairs from a restaurant and it wasn't even properly hers. It was borrowed. But for a girl so curious, she did pretty well for herself, and quite a few people knew in in the little City. She made lovely coffee at Revive. Even Tonia, the coffee shop owner said so, and she wasn't big on giving compliments. At this time, however, Juliette wasn't at her part-time, four hours-a-day job. She was standing over a dead body and feeling grumpy about it.
   Now, most days Juliette didn't mind being called in to inspect. It usually meant a paycheck. Yay! This morning, unfortunately, the call came at four thirty A.M., and Juliette thought, as she stood there with her lukewarm cappuccino, that murders should wait until at least six. Seven was better. She felt very out of sorts, and most of her mind was still back at home in her bed. She was wearing knee boots even though it was June because she hadn't been able to find her sandals by the light of the moon, nor matching socks either. She felt like a potato this morning. A grouchy potato. 
  She felt someone coming up behind her and turned. It was Deputy Rogner with a small brown bag and a cup of coffee. "Oh," he said. "I didn't you you already had coffee. I thought you might like something to eat." He held out the bag. Juliette took it gladly, and then, because her coffee was practically cold anyway, she took the coffee off his hands too. "Thanks, Ace! Much appreciated." She cured her hands around the warm cup and felt slightly better. She took a sip. Aaaaah. now she could focus on the task at her. She turned her attention back to the unfortunate victim.
   The man in question was a certain Political Science teacher by the name of William Smass. He was slouched in the chair behind his desk with a nasty bruise on his temple. The police had yet to locate the murder weapon, but it seemed the culprit had been looking for something. The office was torn apart as if in a frenzy. Poor man. A simple teacher caught in a burglary. Though, what could you steal from a teacher's office? Grades? Actually, that wasn't a bad thought. Juliette smiled. Some students might do any number of things to pass a class.  


Snippets from my book Cyril. This is a story about

Killian and his son live in the Kingdom is Farathon, where a terrible Queen by the name of Nelana has set out for ultimate conquest. Four years ago she invaded the Isle of Solvina and captured the powerful and mythical creatures, the Kiera. Now one has escaped. Nevina roots out a Killian as a man who is skilled with these magnificent beasts, one some might call a tamer. When Killian refuses to help, she captures his son and poi his heart poisons his heart, declaring unless he agrees to do her will, he will loose his son forever. Killian is forced to obey, and he and Cyril start a journey that will change the fate of their country - for good, or ill.


CHAPTER TWO:


Killian heard the carriage before he saw it. He was carving at the time. His hands moved up and down the rough wood, rubbing away all the slivers with careful ease. He didn't move too quickly but he there was a restlessness in his work. Carving had always taken longer than most things, but every year he got older it seemed to get harder. He pulled back another layer of wood with his tool and leaned in close. Just a little smack –  Killian heard the wheels creak and the heavy sound of boots coming at the door, one after the other. He gently blew the shavings away from his jewelry box and placed it off to the side with his other creations. He stood and as he did a loud and demanding knock echoed on the door. He brushed his hands on his apron but didn't even bother with his hair. He knew trying to tidy it would only make it worse. With any luck the grey lurking behind his ears would help hide the dust.
The knock came again. Killian grabbed the nob and yanked the door open. A man stood on the other side, tall and thin, with a ridiculous feathered hat and high black boots which rose above his knees. He looked at Killian and was silent. He waited but Killian didn't invite him in.
“Can I help you with something?” The older man asked, when the staring could continue no longer. He knew the look his visitor wore. It was one he was used to.
“I'm sorry," The Visitor said. He was indeed very pale. “Am I right to assume you are Killian Steindaer, former accountant of the Kingdom?”
“No, I am not. What is this about?”
The Visitor didn’t seem to acknowledge his negative answer. “Sir, you must leave your house at once, and in haste. There is not time to delay.”
“What?” Killian’s eyes narrowed. “Who are you?”
“It doesn’t matter. Your life is in danger, sir.”
“In danger from whom?”
The stranger’s eyes studied the hat in hand. “She’s coming for you. ”
“You must have me mistaken for someone else.” Killian tried to close the door but it hit  The Visitor’s palm. “Please sir. I know who you are. She can’t find you here.”
“I’m a carpenter. I have no wealth, no station. I’m no one.”
“Perhaps not now, but you were someone once. Please. You don’t have much time.”
“I’m not who you think I am.”
“Killian Steindaer, former Scola and enemy of the Queen. You went into hiding five years ago. You can’t hide any longer, Sir. She is coming for you even now.”
“Why would you warn me of this?” Killian asked. “How do you know of her plans, and if you do, how can I trust you?
“You don’t know, unfortunately,” said Visitor. “However, this is your best chance. She’s coming with a request and she won’t accept no for an answer.”
Killian weighed the options quickly. He had hoped he was safe from discovery now, but it seemed that maybe he was wrong. On the other hand, this could be some dirty lie or trick, something to lure him into the open. Though, for what purpose?
“You wouldn’t be lying to me would you?”
“I rarely lie,” answered the Visitor.
“That is good. Bad things will often happen to people who lie to me.”
“I wouldn’t lie about this.”
Killian observed the strange visitor on his doorstep and realized he had no choice but to trust him. If the Queen was truly coming here he could not be found. He wouldn’t be used as her pawn, whatever game she was playing.
“Very well,” He said certainly so he couldn’t change his mind. “I’ll do as you ask.” The Visitor relaxed. “Thank you,” he said fervently. “And sir? if you have family in the area, I would get them out too. You don’t want her to have any leverage.”
“Of course. I’ll be sure of it. Thank you.” The Visitor tried to smile, turned, and started to walk.
“What is your name, friend?” Killian called after him. “In case I ever have the need of repaying this service?”
“I am but a humble servant.” Here the visitor bowed, so low his feathers almost touched his shoes.
Killian found himself smiling slightly. “Very well. Thank you, humble one. Maybe we’ll meet again one day.”

“I hope so,” said the Visitor.




SO? What think you??



*swings around cape and leaps off stage*



Bella

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

    I love the lyrics. And Juliette sounds fabulous! This is lovely as always, Bella! <3

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things