Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Writers Camp. [ Day One ] Introducing...!




This is the first day of Writers Camp!

And the Participants are:

Me!!! (You're on my Blog. 8-D) Fantasy/Mystery/slight Historical Fiction.
Hannah (Miles in the Rain.) Realistic Fantasy/Steampunk.
Hayley (My Life is a Musical.) Fantasy/Contemporary/Romance/Sci-Fi/Dystopian/Historical Fiction.
Angelique (That which They Defend) Fantasy/Dystopian/Historical Fiction/Fiction
Ellie (On the Other side of Reality.) Fantasy/Paranormal
Christine Eyre (Overflowing Mind and Pen.) Fantasy/Other Sub-genres.
Miss Evie (Letter From Avonlea) Historical Fiction
Ivy (Revealed In Time) Historical Fiction
Lady Emily (The Life and Times of Emily C.) Fantasy

I had just enough people to make this fly. Whew. If anyone else joins in the weeks that follow, I will welcome them in a future post and add their name to the list. 

I write a lot of fantasy. That is my biggest genre. I would describe myself as a Fantasy writer first and foremost, with a little touch of other stuff that I touch on now and then. I'm not quite High-Fantasy, I think I'm more Middle/Traditional fantasy. I try to keep a medieval kind of feel to my writing, I guess. Fantasy is very freeing because you can build your own world with it's own laws, and not have to worry about facts VS fiction. I am most comfortable in Fantasy and I have the most fun with it. I love the idea of magic, mythical creatures and far-off places, so fantasy is obviously the nitch for me. In fact almost every story I have takes place with some sort of Fantastical background. I just recently started a detective series, which is why I added Mystery into the mix. I am very new at the whole "Mystery" thing. Slight historical fiction... Yeah. I have yet to write anything set in the past, though I do have several ideas. I even have an idea for a Musical which is set in the Great Depression, and I have some songs for it. I guess this means I also dabble in script-writing and lyrics? I didn't know if I should put this as a genre since I only have one or two Musicals in the back of my mind that I am sort of working on. 8-/ 

There you have it! I am really, really excited about this camp!!!! I can't wait to start breaking out the Plot Bunnies and all that good foo-fora. 

Peace Out Y'all!


*swings around cape and leaps off stage*




Bella

10 comments:

  1. I'd love to join! I do Historical Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got it! I'll add you to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join! I do historical fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly what you mean about feeling free writing fantasy - it's why I choose it over almost any other genre, because I can do whatever I want with it. :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?? Fantasy is the bomb diggity.

      Delete
  5. *fistbump for a fellow fantasy writer* Yeah, fact vs. fiction is one of the toughest struggles in telling a story--I mean, the story has to make sense, but sometimes real-life details destroy the whole point, especially if it's a speculative story.

    And you should totally write a musical someday! The world needs more good musicals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a couple I'm working on, but musicals are haaaaaaaard.

      Delete
  6. I'd love to join, though I don't have much time for writing now! I do fantasy :).

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things