Monday, July 4, 2016

Hippy-Happy Fourth!



Today is the Fourth!!!



PROUD TO BE AMERICAN.

OKAY, OKAY,  YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE POST BUT SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM. THERE IS A SONG YOU MUST HEAR!!!

This is the first Fourth of July which I am going to be spending away from home.

This was something I didn't really think about. And it's been a kind of weird month. You know those weird months where things aren't and they really should be.

My emotions this week be like; πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜žπŸ˜ πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜’πŸ˜„πŸ˜’πŸ˜–πŸ˜΄πŸ˜±πŸ˜πŸ˜–πŸ˜ƒ

I did spend the weekend with my family, which was wonderful.  It was Treskie's birthday on the 2nd, so obviously I couldn't miss that!! We had cake and watched Jurassic World and had a ground old time with the whole gift-giving festivities. (She got lots of lovely things. Like a miniature Il Volo CD necklace. AAAAAAH!) Then, on Sunday a bunch of us went up to a little local beach in town that not many people visit because it takes so long to get deep. Seriously folks. You have to walk out like, a quarter of a mile to get neck deep. What the Freak??? 8-( The other beaches aren't that shallow, but those other beaches were *ehem* crowded.

Because the beach was so shallow, it was a little marshy near the shore. I was sad. We all sat on the sand and stared at the water, wondering if it was worth the walk to swim. Some of us (the ones not feeling slightly sick) decided it was. It took a bit, but finally I and a few of my sisters decided to brave our  way through the mushy water to the thigh-deep water where the water cleared up properly. Once we got to clear water it wasn't bad at all. It was refreshing. It was just a long, long walk to swimming depth. But it was so worth it! The water was beautiful! We stayed out for a good fourty-five minutes or so, playing and swimming and enjoying summer sounds and smells, then we gently coasted back in, slid onto the beach and dried off. We went home and had food and drinks and a musical (MARY POPPINS!!!) To finish off the day, Tiny and I stayed with my Great Friend Jim and watched A Series of Unfortunate Events. That movie is weird. I enjoy it, but it is so freaking weird. I hadn't seen it in years and I was like, "Yeah, this is definitely unfortunate."  (The books were even stranger. I ought to finish them some time.)

BUT GUYS.

If they make a Magician's Nephew they TOTALLY Have to cast Jim Carry as Uncle Andrew!




Enough said.

I am so rambly right now. Lol.

What about the Fourth, you ask?? Well, today I spent the day at B&N with my fabulous sisters. I got a beautiful coloring book/journal and the first season of the Flash because Barry. We swung by Hobby Lobby and got some fun nick-knacks which was lovely. I even got a nice little plaque that has "Friends." with the definition underneath. I love things like that! 8-D Then we had some Fro-Yo and Tiny and I went back towards Jess & Joe's house.

Joe's planning a fabulous BBQ. We're gonna party! Which probably means food and drinks, patriotic music, and then a patriotic movie movie to finish off the day.

We party so hard!

The Fourth of July always makes me really emotional. It is a reminder that America actually has an amazing history, and amazing potential.  I think we should all take this moment to remember America is not a bad country, it just has some bad citizens. America does not have a bad government, it just has bad rulers. America is not a bad place to call home, it just has some very bad people living here.

Remember what America has gone through. Remember our history, our heritage. Remember the soldiers who died so we could be free, the soldiers who still sacrifice everything so we are kept safe. Remember all the wars, the blood and the fight. Remember what America cost, and remember how hard we had to work to earn it. Remember America is not, in itself, evil. It has only had some evil years.

America is a good place to call home. We have made terrible mistakes and choices, that can't be denied. But America, as a country, is not bad. I am proud to be American. I am hurt by how the Rulers are disrespecting her by their ignorance and idiocy.

America is about hope. I don't think America is finished. I think with a little faith, a whole lot of prayer, and a some great perseverance, America could stand tall again. I love America, and I am proud of our heroes who have served her through the years. She is a great country and she deserves so much better.

I found this song today. It is so beautiful. I cried.



She's been through the Fire Before
And I believe She can take a whole lot more.

Isn't that beautiful??? The whole poem really got to me. It reminded me how much I loved my country. Pray for America. We are Once Nation, Under God. So long as that remains we can not fail. Pray for America and remember that you can love the country and hate what the rulers have done.

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY Y'ALL. OUR RAGGED OLD FLAG IS VERY RAGGED. BUT IT STILL STANDS, AND IT WILL RISE AGAIN IF WE HAVE FAITH IN THE GOOD GOD.

Never lose your love for our incredible country! You can lose your love for the sovereigns, but never your love for the land.


PRAYER FOR AMERICA:

Dear Beloved God in Heaven Please give us a president that loves this country and everything it stands for. Please give us a president who respects you as the one true God. Please give us a president who will, with your help, restore this nation to its former glory, the way you created her. Please help us to respect what you have given to us and not take anything for granted ever again. Please God weaken the evil and strengthen the good both without and within. May our eyes be opened. We ask this in the Name of Jesus Christ, Your Son, Our Lord, and Also His Holy Mother. We ask this in the Name of Peter, His Faithful Apostle and The First Pope, and in the name of all Christ's loyal followers who have gone before us into heaven, and stand on His right hand side. Amen.


#prayforamerica


With God, all things are possible.


Happy Fourth, Fellow Americans. Our Country truly is a beautiful thing!!!!



*swings around cape and leaps off stage*




Bella

4 comments:

  1. Wow. Amazing and inspiring post! I'm glad you had such a good time this weekend! Barnes & Noble and Hobby Lobby are two places that make any trip even better. :-)

    This year, I had mixed feelings about the holiday: joy at what America was founded to be, but sadness because of how far we've strayed from that ideal and from God's word. But your assessment of America was beautiful and full of hope. Dad said that the hand of God was clear during the Revolutionary War, that He obviously had a good plan for America, and I wondered if maybe His full purpose for this nation hasn't even been fulfilled yet--just think what a testimony it would be if its people underwent another great awakening! But I think any great change to the nation has to start first with its people turning back to God--laws cannot create goodness, they can only punish infractions--and take the legal freedom and responsibility to influence our leaders. (Seriously, every time I hear that many people don't vote, my brain short circuits.) We'll see what God has planned for the future!

    Happy (belated) 4th!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I can't help but love America, but I don't like many of the people leading it.

      Delete
  2. I don't live in America, but I've still dabbled in her history. I must say, I really admire the foundations of faith America was built on, and it's good to see people who still love that firm foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. America has an interesting, amazing history.

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things