Friday, March 25, 2016

" It is consummated." And bowing His head, He gave up the ghost.

Good Friday.




This was supposed to be up a lot earlier, but whatever.

The Day of Our Lord's Crucifixion and our salvation and redemption. The Day Jesus died for our sins, buying for us eternal happiness in heaven, a reward we do not deserve.

Good Friday is a solemn day on earth for the Faithful of Christ. The Church is in mourning. All the statues and images in the churches are veiled in purple. As of Holy Thursday, the Altars have been stripped of their linens also. This is done as a reminded that Christ was deprived of all garments before being nailed to the cross. In the same way we must strip ourselves of sin.

Today I tried to do a little bit of poetry in honor of Good Friday. It didn't turn out quite like I thought it would,  but I figured I might post it.



 I wanted to write a longer blog post, but it got late. I hope this one suffices, I will probably write another tomorrow.

God Bless you all, and a Blessed Good Friday to you all.




1 comment:

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things