Thursday, January 21, 2016

I thought I published this post.

I found this post in my drafts and I was like,

How???

Last week I found out that Alan Rickman died. I was so shocked. I loved Alan Rickman as an actor. He was so incredibly good at what he did and there was something to him that you don't see in many people. He certainly made characters his own. He is the reason, "By Grabthar's Hammer..." Has so much meaning. He is the reason that I actually like Severus Snape. Yep. He is the reason. No one could have portrayed that dark, brooding teacher better than him. He did an amazing job with him. When I heard that he died, I sat down and just stared for a while. Then I got the sudden urge to watch Galaxy Quest and all of the Harry Potter movies. Then I curled up and felt sad all over.

And it’s a human need to be told stories. The more we’re governed by idiots and have no control over our destinies, the more we need to tell stories to each other about who we are, why we are, where we come from, and what might be possible.
Rest in peace Alan Rickman. You taught me it's never too late to live your dream, and your dreams are never too impossible to go after. You were amazing and you will be missed.


*swings around cape and leaps off stage*





Bella

5 comments:

  1. I'm still in shock he passed on, he was one of my favourite actors :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! A lot of my favorite actors have died in the last year or two. It's very sad for me.

      Delete
  2. I know.......... *sighs* Him, I didn't cry for though - that was Christopher Lee. It was just...so sad!! I hate it!! All actors I like are either already dead, or well on their way there. It's annoying.....

    I love Galaxy Quest, and wish I could watch the Harry Potter series. I've since completely spoiled it for myself due to just watching mostly his scenes (or a LOT of music videos), but I can't watch the films. But still...... It's sad.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is annoying! Leonard Nimoy also died this year, and that was so sad for me!! I loved him as Spock!! OH AND CHRISTOPHER LEE!! ! HE WAS SO COOL!

      Alan Rickman made Snape who he is. He made him human, he made him sympathetic and even likable. He was amazing. Maybe one day we can watch Harry Potter together. 8-) It is pretty good... I enjoy it. It's not like Lord of the Rings or anything, but I do like the movies. (the books not so much. But I haven't read them in a while, and I want to try again... Just to see if maybe they are better the second time.)

      Delete
    2. I had heard that!! A few months after though, so it was rather....distant? or something like that. But yes!! Spock alongside McCoy especially. And Lee..... *sighs* It's still just, sad.

      I would LOVE to watch the films someday - even more so with another. Except - it would be like vonluntarily signing up for torture from what I know of the series...... I'd like to read the books too, just because I'd like to watch the films and because She is an example that comes up a LOT when researching better world buiding and magic systems and whatnot.....

      Ana

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things