Friday, January 1, 2016

"Happy New Year - In jail!"

We made it to 2016....


HEY GUYS!!! Happy New Year!! What kind of plans do you have for today? My  plan is to curl up on the couch with lemon-tea and try not to cough or sneeze every ten seconds. This is the third year in a row that I have been sick on New Years... Maybe even the fourth or fifth. I'm starting to lose count. The point is I haven't been well on a big holiday for a really long time. (This includes Christmas, Easter, Epiphany, Halloween...) I hate being too tired to have fun. It's not fair.

Anyway, I thought I would try to celebrate a little bit. I decided to do a "New Years" Tag. It seemed like the way to go.


1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?

I graduated! *Dances with confetti*

2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?

I don't do challenging.


I had to take my Drivers Permit Test and I had serious issues with it. But I passed... in the end. 

3. What was the most memorable thing?

I saw Mary Poppins live on Stage. It was just at a community theater, but the quality of the show was Amazing! It felt really professional and very "Big City." I fell in love with the musical and the songs. I hope that one day I will be able to perform in that show.... maybe on Broadway. (LOL.)

The other very memorable thing was when my brother proposed to his fiancé. That was adorable.
4. What did you get really, really excited about?

PRISON BREAK IS GETTING A NEW SEASON AND I SORT OF FANGIRLED A LOT.

AND JULIETTE LIVES.

AND TWELVE AND RIVER SHARED THEIR FIRST EPISODE TOGETHER. *FLAILS*

AND OH MY GOSH CIVIL WAR AND I'M SORRY TONY HE'S MY FRIEND - SO WAS I - AND YOU USED TO WEAR NEWSPAPERS IN YOUR SHOES.

Basically I got excited about my fandoms... *blush*

Oh, and moving out. I'm pretty excited about that.


What song/album will always remind you of 2015? 

Finding Neverland, A Tale of Two Cities, and last but not least, 1989 - Taylor Swift.


5.) How did you spend your Christmas?

I spent it at home and it was perfect. Seriously, it was so incredibly perfect, God was so good to us. we had a nice snow fall on Christmas Eve, and it had impecable timing because it snowed all afternoon and dispersed just in time for us to drive to Midnight Mass. And we had a full moon.  How cool is that? A full moon and a snowfall? That is wishing material right there. Christmas day was amazing. We lit the Christ Candle on the Advent Wreath and sang Joy to the World, welcoming God into the world. Then we had everyone crowded on the two couches in the living room and beautiful chaos as we passed out gifts. And there were sausages and lemonade and coffee and awesomeness! And we were fortunate enough to have a very good friend spend the morning with us, and later on that day her family came over, and another friend from the library, and we all ate and drank and talked ... it was SO FUN. We made Gnocchi and cooked the ham and had one of those loud crazy dinners only Italians can have. Then we drug our friend and all her brothers, AND the man from the library outside to play in the snow. At eight o'clock. In 18 degree weather. It was the first time we were able to have a "Boys VS Girls" Snowball fight. We've never really had boys at the house until this year. It was pretty epic. 


6.) What was a hardest thing you to face?

Oh! Uhm... I guess my hardest thing this year was realizing that there are some things I just can't fix no matter how hard I try. Sometimes I just need to have a little faith, a little hope, and just let go. My duty is to be a good friend, a good sister, a good daughter. I just need to trust in God and live like He wants me too, and let everything else work itself out. And sometimes that is really hard. That is something that has been very hard for me to accept. I'm still trying to accept it.

7. What were the best movies you saw in 2015?

Ooooooooooooooh.... Antman, Age of Ultron and The Scorch Trials. Marvel did a really good job on Antman. They made it more of a comedy and I think that was a good way to go. It needed to be funny. I was also surprised with  how they handled Scott (a.k.a. Antman) He was really likable. He was cute and awkward and kind of a dork. I didn't like the weird girlfriend, but otherwise it was good. I enjoyed it. 


Age of Ultron was basically Marvel trying to prepare us for Civil War. It wasn't anything close to that painful of course... it was mostly just intense and a little sad, but it also had a lot of funny parts.
Like this;



As for Scorch Trials... Dylan O'brien. Enough said.
Get out of here!

Bonus gif of Dylan cracking up because the bird would not go.

He can't even.

8.What were the best books you read this year?

Chalice - Robin Mckinley. Keturah and Lord Death - Martin Leavitt, A Tale of Two CIties - Charles Dickons, Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte, and Dragon - Katrina DeLallo.


This book made me weep. But not in a bad way. It was just so beautiful... It was one of the few books that, when I was finished, I just sat there in my room, hugging it and crying. 


9. Was there any awesome/fun TV show you discovered this year?

This is Barry Allan. He is a dork.
 
I haven't found any 'new' shows this year. I just recently watched The Flash and Peggy Carter, both of which I really like. Peggy Carter is pretty great because, well, it's Peggy freakin' Carter. She is just the best of female characters. I love her. The Flash is funny, but it's super corny.  That being said, Barry Allan is a good reason to watch it. He's sweet, adorable... nerdy. Mhm. I like him.



She is so cute and incredibly awesome.

 

10. Did you discover any new musicals?

Oh yes! I've actually discovered quite a few, but my these are my top three: Mary Poppins, Finding Neverland, and A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder. They're all really good! (A Gentleman's Guide is basically like Gilbert-and-Sullivan but dark.)

11. Did you write any new books?'

Ha. No. But I'm working on some.

13. Did you make any new friends?

Uhm... *eyeballs Christine* Do online friends count? I met someone on Pinterest. We're both incredibly Musical-Obsessive. She followed my musicals board. I followed hers. She geeked out. I geeked out. We fangirled over Sydney Carton. It was great.

Also, we recently welcomed a cute library-man into our family. He is sweet and super tall and he does things like salute you when you walk into the library, and bow before he leaves your house.

14. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?

My biggest change? Hmmm. That's hard. I've had a lot of change this year. One of the biggest was my two little nieces moving in with their Dad full time. That was hard. The house seemed so big when they were gone.

15. Is there some change you will have to go through in 2016? 

Oh yes. I'm going to move out with my brother and nanny for his kids. I'm nervous. Nervous and excited. Nervocited.

16. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?

Making Fan-Videos. Unfortunately my computer crashed so I wasn't able to do that thing the last couple of months. It was sad. But soon I'll be able to start again.

17. What was biggest thing you learned this past year?

I always feel weird doing this. lol. I've learned that the world is big and fast and complicated and sometimes impossible things just happen and that's what we call miracles. I also learned that the world is full of trouble and sorrow and anxiety, and we can never be certain of anything, not for one single day. You can't control what the world throws at you, but you can control what you do with it. Sometimes bad things just happen. It's all apart of the complicated mystery of good and evil, something no one really understands. Sometimes it demoralizing. Sometimes you have a whole string of bad days, bad weeks, even a bad year. Maybe even more than that. But you have to keep going and keep fighting, and most of all, keep trying. I've had to learn this over and over. I don't think I'll ever stop learning it. I just need to practice at it.

198 Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.





19.) What are five things you want to do in 2016?


1.) Take some acting classes
2.) Take Dance
3.) See Civil War on opening night.
4.) Start Saving up so I can see Phantom live on Broadway.
5.) Audition for my first play.

20.) Describe 2015 in your own words. 

This year was amazing, overwhelming and frightening. Bad things happened, but so did good things and some of the good was rather extraordinary. My best friend moved into town. I got to watch my brother propose to his fiance, something I've been wanting since he met Jess. She is so perfect for him! I now have a soon-to-be Sister-in-law. My one and only. My awesome brother-in-law, Dan, came for a short visit and it was fabulous. I tried sushi for the first time. I graduated, I got me driving permit, I took another singing class and I had my first "Boys VS Girls" snowball fight. I had an awesome Christmas, a magical Christmas. Honestly, this year has been pretty good. There were some dark parts, but mostly it was nice.




I tag:

Peace Out Y'all!


*swings around cape and leaps off stage*
Bella

4 comments:

  1. Agh! Meesa been tagged. Thank you! And I love all your answers! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun tag to read--I love your answers, especially on numbers 6 and 17. Congratulations on graduating! A new era is about to begin. :-)

    My siblings and I are incredibly excited for Civil War as well--one thing I love about Captain America is that he sticks to his morals. The screenwriters (thankfully!) saw no need to update his beliefs and values for a modern audience.

    Aw, thanks for the mention! I've enjoyed getting to know you too and fangirling over TTC. You made some pretty incredibly observations about the story and characters. (I've got to draw Sydney and Little Lucie one of these days!)

    Ooh, seeing Phantom on Broadway would be awesome, especially if James Barbour is still in the role of Phantom!

    Happy New Year!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Years, my friend. I hope it's a great year for you

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things