Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A bit about stories and other stuff.



"He was too quiet or he was too loud. He took things too seriously, or not seriously at all. He was too sensitive, or too cold-hearted. He hated with every fiber of his being, or loved with every piece of his heart."  (Stacy Hunt)


I have seen this quote floating around for a long time. It is a line that has intrigued me since the moment I saw it. It sparked my inner writer, and for many months a thought lurked in the back of my mind, a thought I hardly dare consider. The thought was that a character like this would be something of a challenge, and I should attempt to write one. The thought would not leave me alone and eventually a character showed up that was angry, and bitter, yet he could love, if only someone would love him. He asked me to write his story. I agreed. But since this quote was a massive inspiration for this character I am a little terrified to write about him.

His name is Whip. And he is Shadow.

"Nothing in my life is constant."

This year I have to try to figure out Whip's story. At the beginning of the month I made myself a promise, a kind of resolution, to write more. Especially to write more of the stories that I have been so afraid to put down on paper. Whip will probably be the first I really work on, but I also want to work on the story about England in the 1600's during the reign of Queen Elizabeth. The story about Cyril and the Keara. I want to write tell the story about a girl who gets her heart broken over and over again, but still wants to love.  I want to write the characters that have been drifting around in the dusty corners, just waiting to be let out. I want to go back to working on my plays and musicals, which deserve so much better than just being abandoned. I want to try to be a proper sort of writer this year. Though I'm not sure how well that will work out.


I also want to sign up for dance and try to find an acting school somewhere near by. I really need to start focusing more on my acting, looking at scrips, analyzing characters, working with emotion and response. I have to start driving again too, so I can get my license. I have a busy sort of year ahead of me, and that is a little daunting. But it is kind of nice to have plans.

I'm going to try really hard to do things this year. I need to be brave and just do things. I don't much like doing things that scare me, but I have to try. If you could all keep me in my prayers I would be most thankful. :)

Would you like me to start posting about my plots/stories again? Would you like to hear more about my new characters?  It's all up to you! PEACE OUT Y'ALL!


*swings around cape and leaps off stage*



Bella

7 comments:

  1. Ooh, snippets! Give me all the snippets! Cant wait to see more of Whip's story. :)

    Get those driving hours done! You can do it, I'm a living testimony to that, it only took me from *calculates* August of 2014 to last week to finish mine. XD

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chloe! Whip is going to be hard so it might be a while before I get him out there, but I am certainly going to start on him.

      Delete
  2. I totally feel you on having to be brave to put stories to paper. So many ideas get caught in my head for a while and then... I don't know, maybe I'm scared I'll ruin them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm afraid of making them not awesome. And with Cyril and Whip, they kind of have to be awesome.

      Delete
  3. You're going to be one amazing person, I just know it. Don't be afraid, life is hard...take it from someone who knows...but all the hard stuff is worth it. Besides, you have a cool family backing you up. And a family like yours makes all of the bad things better.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Jim! I feel the exact same way about you. You're so special and beautiful, I love you. :)

      Delete
  4. I think it's a great idea to write more (but then I am a writer myself. :-) ). Coming up with characters is one of the joys of writing; characters are reflections of real people, but they are also your very own. Whip sounds like a challenge, but a good challenge, and now that I think about it, that quote reminds me a little of Sydney Carton (except the quiet/loud bit; Sydney can be quiet sometimes, but I never got the impression that he was loud at times). :-) And I would love to hear/read more about your plots and characters!

    Definitely will keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things