Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Oh, yeah I'm supposed to blog here....

Apologies in advance if this post feels a little random. I'm tired and sick.

Yesterday wass the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. In the Catholic Church, this is the Day the Mary, Mother of God and Queen of Heaven, was conceived in the womb of her mother, free of Original sin.

"Hail, full of Grace, The Lord is with thee!"

We've started the second week of Advent. I explain Advent every year, so I think most people know what it is at this point. Advent is just the four weeks before Christmas during which Catholics prepare for Christ's coming by doing extra prayer and sacrifice.  I love Advent. For me, that is the start of the Christmas season. On the First Sunday of Advent, Mom pulls out the Nativity set, but she only put's in one statue; the lamb. And every Sunday for the rest of Advent, we put another statue into the Nativity scene. On Christmas Eve we put in Mary, and on Christmas Morning we bring out the Christ Child and set Him in the manger. It is fabulous. 


I seems I ought to give you a quick life-update. I am a terrible blogger, so every time I blog I end up dumping a ton of information on you. This time I will just try and stick with the important stuff. 'Kay? :)

I spent all morning cleaning. I stayed the night with my brother so I could help at with Chloe and Sammi, and I thought we could clean the house nice and pretty for Dad.... and it took for freaking ever. It's a good thing Tiny decided to stay the night with me, otherwise I never would have finished. Even as it was, we were working for something like three hours. Haha. Fun.

After that, I tried to write. But I didn't. Okay, I was supposed to do NaNo last month, but unfortunately that didn't work. I think NaNo puts too much pressure on me to write, and I end up making mistakes, and my stories don't turn out right because I force too much stuff down on paper. I think NaNo can be helpful. I think it really depends on my mood, the story I'm working on, and the amount of planning or world-building the story requires. All my new stories require a lot of world building, so I just need more than thirty days to get the story down on paper. I'm turning into one of those 500-words-a-day writers. I want to attempt a romance story this year. I've actually had an idea for one for a long time, I'm just worried to write it out. Romances usually end up being weird... and I think it would be hard to write, since I've never you know, been in love.

this gif.


Honestly, I haven't been doing as much writing as I should. I think I am too anxious to write. In like, a month, I am going to move in with my brother so I can nanny my two adorable nieces. I am kind of freaking out! I am excited, but scared, if you know what I mean. I mean, once I leave I will earn money and I can pay for dance classes and acting classes, and figure out the whole acting thing that I really want to pursue, but I am so scared! I'm really scared to learn dance. Dance teachers have a reputation of being terrifying. And I met one once. She was like, IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE PAIN. DON'T PLAY.


This sounds pretty intense for beginning dance!

But on the other hand, if I really want to pursue Theatre - which I do - I have to know dance. So I'm at least gonna try. I have to try. My plan is to start off with beginning ballet and work my way up from there. Because ballet is the foundation of all dance!

I feel bad. This post was going to be really long and amazing, but I'm really tired and my head hurts. It's time I head off to bed, but I hope you all enjoyed hearing from me. I'll post again when I'm a little more awake and my energy levels are better.

Peace out y'all!


*swings around cape and leaps off stage*



Bella.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you've been sick! I hope you're feeling a little better by now. My family has come down with some cold/stomach bug, and I'm typing this at 4:48 in the morning (my time zone) because illness drove me to the couch. So I sympathize. :-)
    But it's great to hear an update! I agree with you about NaNo; it can be stimulating to race the clock sometimes, but it can also be too much pressure.
    Your advent Nativity tradition is beautiful. Is putting the lamb in first just a habit, or is it a symbolic choice?

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things