Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Idea

What's up fellas?

Before I began this post, I have an announcement to make! I have done a thing! A GREAT BIG THING!!! I have started a petition to get A Tale of Two Cities released on DVD.

The Tenth Doctor

I really, really need help promoting this. If there is anyone you know who enjoys musicals, or if YOU enjoy musicals, please take a few moments of your time and sign the petition, and send the message to others. It would mean so much to me. I don't know if it will work - it might not. But I have to try. I can't express how grateful I would be for your support.

SIGN THE PETITION

I know. I'm a silly goose. Aaaaaaanyway.

Now it's time for my epic IDEA reveal. As you all know, I really, REALLY love musical theater. It is my big dream to be apart of that world. It may be a few months before I can actually get on a stage, so I had a brilliant idea. I have this extra youtube channel that just sits around collecting dust, being of no use, and I thought, what if I used that to help promote my acting?

A lot of people do this thing on Youtube where they will start a channel and do "Web-isodes." It's kind of like your own mini TV show. For a few months I've played with the idea of starting my own Web-isodes, but I didn't know how much time I could put into it, and I didn't just want to jump headlong into a project if I would have to give it up in a few weeks. Another big thing is space. I don't have anywhere to set up a 'stage.' My house is small and my room is smaller, and anyway, little children have a bad habit of barging into rooms uninvited. I also was concerned about costumes/cast. Cause let's face it; I am like, the only actress in my family. (My sisters can act, but they don't like acting. Not like I do :D )

These were all very valid excuses, but that was what they were. Excuses. A couple months ago I went to a fair in my town, and there was this really cool Bard telling stories. He fascinated me, and I thought to myself, "I want to do that." After I watched him tell his Jack Frost story I got to thinking, and I realized that I could begin my channel like that. I could do Webisdoes as a sort of Bard.

This idea really appeals to me and I think it would be a ton of fun to pursue. I am a story teller. I have been my whole life. I remember being really little and making up these stories to tel my younger sisters. Whenever I had a free moment, whenever I was alone or bored, I would wander away and creates entire worlds and characters in my head. I would sit with my legs crossed in the backyard, staring at nothing, building worlds. People used to think I was talking to myself, but really I was playing my characters and acting out the different scenes. Telling stories is my absolute favorite thing to do, it makes me so incredibly happy. That's why I write, that's why I create lyrics, that is especially why I act. My favorite type of story telling has always been the stage. There is nothing else like it in the whole world. Where else can you take on a new name, take on an identity, have a whole different life, and literally LIVE a story for your audience to enjoy?? There is nowhere else in the world!

Okay, I'm getting a little off track here. Ummmmmmm. Right. The channel. SO!! What it comes down to is this. I am going to spend the next couple of weeks preparing for my Channel Opening. It will happen sometime in October, though I'm not sure when. I'm not sure how it will work yet exactly, but I think I am going to do a mix of old folk tales, fairy tales and myths of my own making. It should be fun and terrifying and a little tiny bit stressful and I will probably freak out a lot, but I think once I get a foot under me, I will really enjoy it.


..... That's all I've got. I had to write something tonight because I am a truly terrible blogger and I shouldn't wait so long between posts. And this idea was very exciting and I just had to share it. Now I'm done. Have a good night everyone, and God Bless!

PEACE OUT Y'ALL!




*swings around cape and leaps off stage.*




Bella

12 comments:

  1. Ooooooooh sounds great! I've signed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bon chance!! You will do wonderfully, I am sure! *smiles* I wish I had the opportunity for something like that....... Acting is always fun.

    Have you ever had the chance to watch the Scarlett Pimpernel musical? Or read the books? Sorry, your petition just reminded me of that musical - I've never seen it but I LOVED the music for it. Sadly, it's never been produced on dvd.....

    Ach weel - one day perhaps.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I hope so.

      I've never SEEN the Scarlet Pimpernel musical, but I have heard the Original Cast album, and I love it. That is another musical that deserves more recognition. BECAUSE PERCY!!! I also read the book, but I wasn't wildly fond of it. I liked all the Percy bits, but Marguerite drove me insane. She was just so ... Womenlike. lol. I really liked the last couple of chapters though. The ending was brilliant.

      Delete
    2. Yes, she was incredibly annoying. Blakeney on the other hand.... *Grins* He's immense fun. *laughing* Yes, the ending made up for all other flaws in that book - have you read the rest of the books?

      Delete
    3. BECAUSE PERCY IS FABULOUS!!!!!!

      I haven't read any of the other books :( I wanted more Percy and my sisters told me there was even less of him in the other stories, so I decided not to.

      Delete
    4. *laughing*

      True enough in a way (I'm used to enjoying background characters most; so he actually seemed to be in the books a lot.....) - but the other books I've read so far at least focus on the League's work, so he factors more in it. Actually, two of the books were a collection of short stories - he's in most of the short stories, so you may enjoy those a lot.

      Have you ever seen Grant's BBC miniseries of the Pimpernel?

      Delete
    5. Maybe I will try it then :)

      I haven't seen the mini series, but I've seen the movie. (The one from 1998) It was brilliant.

      Delete
    6. 1998.... With Anthony Andrews? I thought that was earlier....... Have you seen the 1932 film?

      Delete
    7. Oops, no I saw the 1982 version.

      Delete
    8. Ah, alright - that makes a bit more sense. *smiles* I did enjoy that - especially the ending. McKellen did an excellent job as Chauvelin.

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things