Friday, August 14, 2015

Guess what?? MUSICALS!!!!!!!!!





You know those people who have a five-year plan? They're the type of people who know exactly what they're going to do and they have all the details planned out.


I've never thought of myself as that person. I know that I want to try a bit of acting, and that is about as far as I've planned. Thinking about the future freaks me out so I think about it as little as possible. But I do have a few things that I definitely want to do now that I've graduated. And since I will probably face a lot of change over the next few months I figured I'd share my PLAN with you.


1.) I want to audition for the Community Theatre that is just off the hill from where they live.  Theatre is my big dream, it's something that I want to do so badly. I want to at least get my foot in with bigger acting experiences. If I could actually go on Broadway that would be beyond brilliant - even if it is Highly Unlikely. But however hard it is, I have to try, otherwise I will never forgive myself.


2.) One day I want to play Christine Daae. She is one of my favorite females on Broadway and her character holds a very special place in my heart. If I could play her I would be so very happy.


There will never be a day when I wont think of you!

*I'd use the original lyrics though, if they would let me.


3.) I want to see a professional production of The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. Like,  in New York or London.


4.) I want to write a fantasy trilogy and (If at all possible) publish it.


5.) I want to write a musical. This is something I am working on but I am a tad stuck because of RESEARCH. *sigh* WWII.


6.) I want to explore Scotland.


7.) I want to go to Rome and visit all the Churches and the landmarks of Catholic History.


8.) I want to write a whole story in poetry.


It's not a huge list, but these are just some things I want to do over the next few years. It's hard to have plans because life could get in the way, but I don't think God wants me to live my life thinking "But what if?..." I think He wants me to plunge in and just take what it dishes out to me. I need to think of life like a baseball game and fight, no matter what the score. I have to be like, "Hey life! Try me! Just TRY ME!"


Haha! Easier said than done.


As for other news, I am still on a musical high. We watched The Phantom of the Opera again this week - I've actually lost count of how many times we've watched it since January. Don't judge me too harshly. It isn't all my fault. My sister is also on a musical kick and her obsession rubs off on me. We're both on a ridiculous Phantom high. I don't remember the last time I was this OBSESSED with Phantom of the Opera for so long! I've always loved it, it's always been my favorite, but I'm not usually listen-to-it-every-day-non-stop obsessive. I think I know why I am so nutty though. When I really love something and I hear lots of annoying hate about it, it just fuels my love for it even more and I get super defensive. And okay, tons of fans hate Raoul and it makes me mad. He is so brilliant! I honestly wonder how weird people are that they can read his character so wrong! It's annoying and I hate it. Then I get mad and listen to all I ask of you and Little Lotte, and Wandering Child, and the next thing I know I'm reciting the first lines of the Opera for the 100th Freakin' time.


SOLD! You're number sir? Thank you. *distant clapping*


Yeah, I have a problem. And my sister is just like. "Guess what I'm doing."

And I'm like "OOoooh, gee let me think. ANGEL OF MUSIC GUIDE AND GUARDIAN GRANT TO ME YOUR GLORY!"


.... and Treskie is like, "Yep, that's the one. Only more like "ANGEL OF MUSIC WHO DESERVES THIS???" And then we sing the whole final song over the phone.


The one upside to this is that I finally know all of Raoul's parts, and not just the lyrics. (I've known those for ages.) I know his notes and where he comes in and everything. It's great. The only song I still can't sing everyone's part in is Prima Donna. Mostly it's Carlotta. She is speaking so much Italian! I get confused okay?


When I am NOT obsessing over Raoul and Raoul/Christine, I am listening to A Tale of Two Cities, Secret Garden, Jekyll and Hyde or Jane Eyre, depending on the day. It's actually really nice. I get to sprawl outside with my notebook and scribble lyrics and plot devices for my different books, while I aggressively sing along with the different parts.


Prima donna, your song shall live again! Think of your public! - You took a snub, but there's a public who needs you. - Is this her angel of music...? - We get our opera - She gets her limelight!- Is this ghost-angel or a madman?!



I have lots of fun singing all five parts. I end up slurring the words though.


IHEARDSOMEONECRYINGIHEARDSOMEONECRYINGWHOTHOUGHCOULDITBEYESTHERE'SSOMEONECRYINGIHEARIHEARDSOMEONEIHEARDSOMEONE RCRINGMAYBEITWASMEOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOooooHHHH!!!!


I have a list of NEW musicals but I can't listen to any of them until I can find DVD and the pamphlet so I can read along with the story. West Side Story is the first one I need to tackle. Wish me luck with that!


hmmm. That's it folks. I have no more to say.




PEACE OUT Y'ALL!



*swings around cape and jumps off stage. *



Bella

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha this post is awesome. I love all your dreams and goals and stuff. They are awesome. I also love your analogy of life as a baseball game. I've used that before, too, funny enough.... XD Not the exact same, but similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you so much! I feel like my blog has been super boring lately so it's nice to get happy comments. :D

      It was great to hear from you Hannah!! We should talk soon.

      Delete
  2. I love you new blog look! The varying shades of green and so pretty : ) I know that your sisters sing, but I don't think I've ever heard you sing...could you possibly make a video or if you have can you tell me where to find it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ivy!

      I have considered recording some of my own songs, I just have never gotten around to it. At your request though, I will definitely try!

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things