Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Middle of April

April is National Poem month or some such thing, and since this is April 15th and the magical middle day, I figured I would attempt to do some poetry. Usually I write lyrics, if I write anything short. I don't write poetry because I get frustrated with it and usually I crumple up the first few lines. so this is my first-ever Real Poem. I feel a little bit shy sharing it but, LEAP  OF FAITH. Behold poetry!

The Wings

Did you see them, swift and glorious
the wings given to me?
Did you see them like frozen fire,
clothed in frost and sun
Did you see them, smitten in the sky
pinned to the moon they were

But did you see them torn,
when I came crashing to the ground?
Did you see my fire go out,

and the frost, it all melt?

They Lay limp upon my back,
Shackles now not saviors
I thought their glory was all spent,
the glass shattered on the ground
I hid myself away and did not wish to be found.

But one did find me, he did,
The Maker of the wings,
He took the wings and bound them
with silver and with string.

'Now open them,' he said
to the small, pathetic one.
'Open and be not ashamed.
You will see what I have done.'

So I opened them with shrinking glance, 
And lo! I saw the fix
My wings were not so perfect now,
And the colors were amiss
But the weavings were a wonder.
For behold the silver,
Brought sea and sand and Spring.

And Mingled with the Fire and Ice
The stained glass was better then starlight.

The Maker wiped my tears away and told me, 'Go now and fly.'
Remember the cracks you have merited, so that in falling,
greater you shall rise

Did you see me rising, From dust and from ash?
Did you see how I my wings grew, and spread across the land?
Oh, did you see me fly again, my mended wings anew?
I think they are far grander now.
My Maker thinks so too.


PEACE OUT Y'ALL!!!


*slides off car*



Bella

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first ever poem! I am proud of you for doing something for National Poetry Month, and for putting it out for folk to see. That is exciting.

    (And you will notice that I forbore to quote a certain over-the-top lyric from a certain comic opera, even though it would have been sooooo appropriate :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect you to find that gif and post it on the last day of the month. DO IT.

      And thank you, it was terrifying to share this. I feel shy about my poetry 8-)

      Delete
  2. Oh. Wow. C'est....magnifique! Parfait et formidable. Merci, merci beaucoup.

    That was extremely well done - the words, the phrases, the descriptions..... If your books are half as good, then I expect to read them someday.

    *clapping* Bravo! Bravo, and thank you so much for sharing that. It was....perfectly timed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow, thank you so much!!! that is a high compliment 8-)

      Delete
  3. WELL THIS IS YOUR FIRST POEM?????????????? WHAT?????????????????? THIS IS AMAZING! I love the references to the story of Icarus (are they intended? super cool) but I also love how it pulls together with salvation (that doesn't happen in the story). And the rhymes are awesome, the rhythm is constant, and all in all I thoroughly enjoyed it and still cannot believe that that was your first poem. O.O

    And as for it being poetry month.... *checks poetry folder* Ya know, I don't think that I have written any poetry this month! Shall have to remedy that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH HANNAH YOU ARE THE SWEETEST.

      I CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYONE LIKED MY POEMS SO MUCH THIS IS EXCITING.

      ALKFJL;AFAFJKAFLJKSFLJAALFHJA;JAFLSJKAL; *hugs* you are such a nice person I love you.

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is such a beautiful poem! ^.^ And you're Roman Catholic too? Yay! I've never met anyone else online who is a Roman Catholic before, so this is a first!

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Morning! Nice to meet a fellow Catholic! *hugs* Thank you so much for commenting and for your kind words 8-D Do you follow me?

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things