Monday, February 2, 2015

LOTR Blog Party Day One - Tag!


Again, in case anyone missed this the last few times -  You can participate even if you don't have a blog! You can guest post on mine. You can write it out via email and send it to me I will publish it here. or at End of the Line. (in which case I'd post the link here.) Just write me and tell me what you want to do, I WILL MAKE IT WORK. bellawriter98 (@gmail.com )

RULES!!!!!

LINK BACK TO MY BLOG!

Day One: Tag!! Anyone and everyone participating Must do the tag. No exceptions.

Day Two: You will pick your favorite movie (or book. or both.) and explain why it is your favorite.

Day Three: You will pick a favorite dwelling from Middle Earth and talk about it. (you don't have to do too much. Just say why it is your favorite. Why you would want to live there or why you THINK you would be there.)

Day Four: Pick a favorite character and talk about him. (if you can't pick just ONE you are allowed to do more. Go crazy. Be my guest.)

Day Five: This is a FREE DAY on which you can do whatever you want to long as it relates to Tolkien. Go wild!!!! Draw some fan art! Do some coloring or writing (poooooems!)!!! Make a Video or Cosplay! Get creative here! (If none of the suggestions above move and grove you, do something else creative and fun. This is the Final Day. Make it epic!)


Le Tag:

1.) How were you introduced to Tolkien? 

Goooosh. I.... I've known about Tolkien for as long as I can remember. It was something that was just a part of my life, like cookies or tennis shoes. My family are all huge Tolkien fans so I grew up with Lord of the rings a big part of my education. I remember hearing the soundtrack when I was really little and freaking out over the Black Rider music.

2.) Did you read the books before the movies or after? 

I read the books while I was watching the movies, but I didn't finish them until a few days after I saw The Return of the King.

3.) Do you like Tolkien's style of writing?  

I love Tolkien's style of writing! I know it isn't for everyone of course. It's a higher fantasy and it can be hard to read, but I find it beautiful and amazing. I love the way he uses the English language. It's so delicate and fine and his lines are always so epic. They make me happy, there nothing quite like them. And his sense of humor is amazing. I know that some people don't realize there IS humor in Tolkien's book. They don't catch onto it because of the 'high fantasy' it was written in. Can you believe that??? Those people say LOTR is boring and flat because nothing happens and the writing is too hard to read. They think that most of what the characters say doesn't even make sense now days!

source

4.) Do you like the film adaption? 

I love the film adaptions!!!! I think they are brilliant! I know Peter Jackson made a few mistakes but overall he did a really good job and I can forgive him for the stupid, unnecessary things.

I approve

5.) What is one thing from the books that you wish Peter Jackson had included in the films?

I wish that Eowyn and Faramir had kissed in the sight of many. I loved that scene so much. It would have been adorable. And sweet.

I do not believe this darkness will endure

6.) What is one thing from the books that you are glad Peter Jackson cut/changed? 

There are a couple changes that I actually did like in the movies. I liked that the Elves came to help a the battle of Helm's deep. I liked that Theoden knew that Eowyn was there with him when he died. I liked that Merry was in the last battle and not left behind. (I am actually going to do a post about this soon. I'm reading the books right now and once I'm finished I'm going to do a books/vs movie post.)


7.) What character do you think has the most strength and courage? 

This one is really hard. I think if I have to be completely honest I am going to say.... Frodo. *Ducks away from fruits.* I KNOW I KNOW! All the characters are brave and heroic in their own way. They are all incredible characters with incredible courage and strength. I love them all. But Frodo.... I think Frodo was strong in all the ways that no one else could be. Where everyone else failed he succeeded. Where everyone else was overcome he pulled through. He was a very strong character. I mean... Most people were taken by the Ring in a matters of days, even hours, but he fought against it for months. He had the powers of darkness whispering in his ears for weeks and weeks and he managed to keep himself Frodo, even after all that time. He stumbled a few times yes, he got quiet and withdrawn and sometimes snappy, but that is only to be expected. He was carrying a terrible burden and it was not an easy thing to do. He tried his best to keep his sense of humor and kind, forgiving heart and even as the ring was taking hold he was still trying to keep that goodness, that pure simplicity. What he goes through and what the ring does to him hurts me.

This task was appointed to you, Frodo of the Shire

8.) Which character do you think you are most like? 

I think I am the most like Merry, though there is a bit of Pippin in me too. I have Merry's sense of humor and I definitely have his ridiculous spirit and recklessness. But I am more serious too, like him, and I am very protective of those under me, always looking after everyone.


Meridadoc Brandybuck

9.) Which is your favorite friendship?

I love the friendship between all of the hobbits especially Sam and Frodo, but I don't know if I can chooses one favorite friendship. Tolkien does so many amazing ones, even when they're small. I think.... I think I will go with Merry and Pippin. I relate the most to them on their quest and I adore how they are together. They are like brothers, it is so cute!!! They've chased each other around making mischief and trouble since forever and you would seldom see Merry without Pippin or vise-versa. They were silly, reckless hobbits who got pulled into the Quest of the Ring without much warning and they were very resourceful and brave and they were just.... they were really cool. I love how they protect and take care of each other. I love how they keep each other safe. I love how they can always count on each other, even when the world is falling apart around them. I love how their characters develop into such great men.


Enjoying a few well-earned comforts.

10.) Which is your favorite pairing?

Faramir and Eowyn. They had both lost so much. They were both so sad and alone and raw from grief and they both deserved happiness so much. I love how they are able to find peace and hope and joy together, even when there is so much that has gone wrong. Neither of them thought they would ever really find peace, but then they saw each other and they realized that maybe happiness wasn't altogether impossible. They understood each other in ways no one else could. They were isolated but they found comfort in each other and I just thought it was really beautiful and sweet. It makes me all emotional.

And he took her in his arms and kissed her under the sunlit sky

11) Which Middle -earth villain terrified you the most?

The Black Riders terrify me, they always have. They're like devils. And it's creepy. And I HATE their huge Nazgul things, they are awful. *Shudders* However, if Shelob counts as a villain then I would choose her. The idea of that thing even existing anywhere in the world freaks me out. I hate her. I hope she died from that wound Sam gave her. Very slowly. And painfully.

12.) What is your favorite quote from the books?

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory, I love only that which they defend." - Faramir

Captain of Gondor

 13.) What is your favorite quote from the movie? 

This is a really hard one. I love the quote where Sam is talking to Frodo and he says that there is good in this world, and its worth fighting for. That quote always inspires me and it usually makes me cry too. I also love the one where Gandalf is talking about the Mystery of death. I'm going to write out both. Cause I do what I want.

    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.” - Sam

there is some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it's worth fighting for

 "End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it."

I didn't think it would end this way.

14.) Given the choice would you spend the day with a hobbit or with an elf?

Wow. This one is also hard! I do believe I would spend the day with.... Hm. I suppose it depends on which elves we were talking about. I would love to spend time among the Elves of Rivendell, but the Elves of Mirkwood would make me nervous. If I could spend a day in Rivendell then yes, I would choose the Elves over the hobbits. BUT I would stop by to take tea with them the next afternoon.

15.) Mirkwood or Moria? 

OH MY GOSH. WHY DO YOU ASK THIS OF ME??? If Moria was still Moria in all her glory and splendor, I may go to Moria, but otherwise I would choose Mirkwood.

A dark, still, eerie place....

16.)  What is your favorite Middle Earth dress/style?

I love how the Rohirrim dress. They are so light and their colors are warm and welcoming. Their clothes looks simple but lovely and I think I'd be very comfortable in them. However, I love how the Elves look. They're clothing is so beautiful. I want to own Elvish Clothing. I love it.

The Elves leaving Middle Earth

17.) Red, brown, small and round! What did you just think of? 

HOBBIT HOLE!

It was a hobbit hole, and that means comfort.

18.) Rivendell or Lothlorien? 


Rivendell. Lothlorien is beautiful but Rivendell has less of an early spring feel and more of a summertime feel.

Rivendell

19.) Would you rather visit Rohan or Gondor? 

IT DEPENDS ON THE POINT IN HISTORY YOU GUYS!!! GOSH! If Aragorn was King, that is a whole different matter then if there were still Steward's on the throne. However.... I think I was visit Rohan first. I love Rohan.


Where now are the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?

20.) What is something about Middle Earth that completely astounds you? 

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! LOL. No. I think the thing that astounds me the most about Middle Earth is how the ordinary is so easily mixed with the extraordinary. I love how real everything is. I love how you can look at Rohan, wonder how it came to be like it is and then be able to FIND OUT because Tolkien was nuts and wrote the entire history of his world. I love how you can take a character and follow his life and what he did. I love how you can take a race and read about how they came to be, where they were originally from and why they are like they are. It is so cool!!!!!! Tolkien was a genius. That is all I'm saying.

 
 
THAT'S ALL FOR DAY ONE LOSERS!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!
 
 
TO DEATH AND RUIN AND THE WORLDS ENDING!

 
*slides off car*
 
 
 
Bella

4 comments:

  1. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME. EVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF A...what, you're saying this isn't a Lego Movie tag? *cries* There ought to be a Lego Movie tag. XD OKAY HERE GOES.

    1.) How were you introduced to Tolkien?

    I had to read The Hobbit for school and was thoroughly hooked.

    2.) Did you read the books before the movies or after?

    Books first! It was a rule of the house that the books had to be read first. So read them I did! And I'm so glad I did because STILL to this day I imagine certain characters differently than the movies (namely Sam, Merry, and a few others).

    3.) Do you like Tolkien's style of writing?

    YES. His descriptions are so beautiful. I fall in love with it every time.

    4.) Do you like the film adaption?

    I like the LOTR movies. The Extended Editions. Because the theatrical ones are so lame in comparison. I like The Hobbit movies less (and I'm not gonna see BOFA).

    5.) What is one thing from the books that you wish Peter Jackson had included in the films?

    Either Tom Bombadil, or the part where Merry wishes he weren't tossed around like baggage and wishes he were of more use. That was one of the most memorable parts for me, for some reason. I also, unlike many, really enjoyed the Scouring of the Shire, but I understand why that part was cut. Still, it made Merry and Pippin soooo cool.

    6.) What is one thing from the books that you are glad Peter Jackson cut/changed?

    Hm. I do like that the elves came to Helm's Deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7.) What character do you think has the most strength and courage?

    Aragorn. This may sound cheesy and like everyone says it, but I have specific reasons. First of all--he shows strength of character in that he is afraid of who he will become and takes steps to avoid being his ancestors. He also shows his strength in that despite this fear, he is willing to come into his own, and doesn't hesitate from the path before him. He never backs down from a fight, or from a journey to meet a bunch of dead guys. His strength and courage is in his humility, knowing that he isn't strong enough to bear the ring. He is also a brilliant leader, and the leader must bear his own weights as well as the weights of his followers. So...Aragorn.

    8.) Which character do you think you are most like?

    I am most like the book Merry, hands down. I always related to him. I am also the movie Merry, but a little less so.

    9.) Which is your favorite friendship?

    If Fili and Kili don't count (though they should, because brothers are the best of friends), then I'd say Merry and Pippin, even though Legolas and Gimli have an amusing friendship, and I really like the short-lived friendship of Aragorn and Boromir.

    10.) Which is your favorite pairing?

    Sam and Rosie. They are an underrated couple, but they are so sweet.

    11) Which Middle -earth villain terrified you the most?

    Denethor. There is nothing scarier than a man who burns himself alive.

    12.) What is your favorite quote from the books?

    “There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tower high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.” --The Return of the King

    13.) What is your favorite quote from the movie?

    "Actually, Frodo Baggins is my second cousin, twice removed on my mother's side." --Pippin Took. XD I just said that one because it's the one I quote the most for some reason.

    14.) Given the choice would you spend the day with a hobbit or with an elf?

    Hobbit, hands down. I love those little guys, and I should be a quite comfortable hobbit, drinking tea and avoiding adventures and living that sort of life...though I have to be frank, there's definitely some Took in me, for the avoiding adventures part would only last so long...

    15.) Mirkwood or Moria?

    Mirkwood. Thranduil. Need I say more? XD

    16.) What is your favorite Middle Earth dress/style?

    Believe it or not, I love what the Hobbits wear. They have cute little outfits. I would wear them.

    17.) Red, brown, small and round! What did you just think of?

    Riddles in the Dark. Because you said a rhyme there.

    18.) Rivendell or Lothlorien?

    Rivendell, because Lorien is creepy.

    19.) Would you rather visit Rohan or Gondor?

    Rohan. No...Gondor.... No, Rohan.... No....Gondor.

    20.) What is something about Middle Earth that completely astounds you?

    The stunning, but humble, beauty of the Shire.

    This was awesome! Love it. :-) Sorry I had to put it in two parts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! IT was fun to read Hannah!!! I love that you chose Aragorn - you seem like his type 8-D Aragorn the Fabulous!!!! And Riddles in the Dark? hehehehehe .... you be funny, yes precious, you make joke.

      Do you want me to do it as a Guest Post on End of the Line or want me to leave it in comment form??

      Delete
  3. The questions were really good and I loved doing the tag, even though it was long. Can't wait for the second part.

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things