Sunday, November 9, 2014

Peasants + Flares

I am super proud of myself right now. I was behind 4,000 words in NaNo as of yesterday morning.

By yesterday night I had caught up to 13,740. 

THIS IS A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT OKAY???? A BIG BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT! 

CHEER FOR ME PEASANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

On Friday the Amazing Sammie The Friend kidnapped me and kept me for a night at her house. I think she knows I'm a tad stressed. Heh. She wouldn't let me do anything. She basically ordered me to relax and not do anything and she wouldn't let me worry. She's good about that. It's why I love her. She's one of the few people who helps me not worry about the world and all it's cousins. She has a very blunt way of saying things so that you laugh at yourself and feel a lot better once you're done talking with her. We had  home made Mushroom pizza and watched Dean be a Dog and had tea and it was brilliant. 

Best friends are brilliant. 


After the weekend I woke up feeling better about the universe and the planet earth in general. I was able to do some more writing and practically gave myself a heart attack when I realized I'd caught up. Finally. I'm actually writing and blogging at the same time here. While listening to music. And giving my sister advice on how to set up our newest music video. 

Skills. I has them. 


Recently my sister let me listen to the song called Flares. It's by The Script.Yeah. I might love it a little bit. A lot. And I may or may not have cried during the refrain. It is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and the lyrics are amazing. I have christened it my song. I don't know. It just reminds me of ...everything. I feel like I can relate to it on a very deep level. (That sounded cheesy but oh well, my blog right?) I've been listening to it a ton since I started NaNo because it reminds me of my characters and it helps me write beautiful words. I just love it. 


Did you see the flares in the Sky, were you Blinded by the Light
Did you feel the smoke in your eyes, did ya? Did ya?

I love every aspect of this song. I love how the piano comes in softly and brings the melody with it and how it supports the lyrics and gives you the feeling of standing on a road, looking up and seeing all this light and beauty and somehow finding hope, even when hope is scarce. I find it incredibly inspiring and it is the perfect lyric material for my story. It gets my creativity flowing. 

My book. Ah yes. Okay guys. I'm planning a Nano blog party that will start on Nov. 12 and lasts through Nov. 14. (That's Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of next week.) I wanted to know if anyone would be interested in participating. You don't have to be actually doing Nano, just as long as you are working on a book this month you could qualify. Please comment and tell, because I would totally love a fabulous SHOW OFF YOUR BOOK thing. I'll probably do one anyway, just for me. But if there are any of you out there who would like to help or participate, just pop me a comment and we'll see what works best. The more the merrier!!


I MUST NEEDZ TO GO NOW!!!! NANO-ING TO DO! LIVES TO LEAVE! PLANETS TO CONQUER! CAT'S TO DROWN!! SWINGS TO SWING ON!!

PeAcE OuT Y'aLL

*Slides off car*



Bella

2 comments:

  1. Flare. All I can think of is NEWT!

    I'm in for the party, but you already knew that.

    And Sammie is great for kidnapping you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Newt hurts me. Don't talk about Newt.

      WE GONNA PARTY LIKE IT'S 1888!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Sammie is great. When you come out next we'll need to do a movie night with her.

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things