Wednesday, July 2, 2014

DONE!

I FINISHED MY BOOK YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!
  
source
 
I don't know what my emotions are doing. I'm excited and nervous and happy and sad and proud and sick all at the same time. My writing buddy insisted this was a normal post-finishing-a-book feeling, but all the same, my feelings are going nuts one minute I'm all...
source
and the next I'm like....
 
 
Basically I feel like Shawn....
 
NAILED IT!!!!!!
 
well....
 
ALMOST NAILED IT!!!!!
 
at the very least,
 
DEFINITELY DIDN'T BLOW IT!!!!
 
I don't think.....!
 
My total word count as of right now is 59,031 words. I know there are a few bits that I can fill out and polish a bit more, so the finished product will probably end up having more, but for the moment my first completed rough draft is at 59,000 words and it actually has an ending. Which has never happened, ever. So I am pretty happy.
 
I want to say thank you to all of you lovely followers who have put up with all my short and boring posts lately. I know it hasn't been easy, and I hope I can start blogging for real again some time next week. But I'm taking a little time off the computer, so... yeah.  I think I'm entitled to it. *Grin*

I want to say a special thank you to the girl who made all of this possible. I want to thank her because she never stopped poking me and pushing me until I wrote the last sentence of my book. I know the story is far from actually done. I know I will have to go back and polish and tweek, and I know I will have to work on character development. But knowing I actually sat down and wrote a book from BEGINNING TO END (if not quite in that order) is something I can hardly believe. And I could never have done it without her. So I want to thank that special buddy, and I hope she knows how wonderful she has been and how much I appreciate her support and advice and constant cheering across chat. She's been a big help and knowing she likes what I've done is very encouraging.
 
YOU ARE AWESOME BUDDY JIM!
 
source
 
I'm going to the beach tonight and I have some stuff to get done before I do, which means I'm leaving now. I just HAD to share my news with you because... this is one of the most exciting and terrifying things I've ever done. I can't believe I did this, and I think, in time, I will have a pretty good story to print and bind. I know it needs fixing, but I think in the end it will be good.

PEACE OUT Y'ALL!


Bella

5 comments:

  1. That's great that you've finished! I always remembered the feelings of euphoria I got whenever I finished one of my stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I just need to start Part Two's outline... *Grin* It is a good feeling, finishing a book. I like it :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats!! That is so exciting! Are you going to post so snippets?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you, as you already know. but I am so proud I can keep saying it. WAY TO GO, BEN!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things