Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Late Fourth and a Challenge

It's Saturday. Again. I trust everyone had a good and happy Fourth of July. I know we did. We ate and talked and made lots of food and listened to "God Bless the USA" and "The Star Spangled Banner" and sang along, very loudly and patriotic-like. Cause when all is said and done I AM proud to be an American. I LOVE America.  I mean, it isn't the country's fault we have crappy leaders and some bad citizens. Just cause there are some awful people it doesn't mean the country is bad.

source
I was planning on doing a post but I forgot and I felt bad. So I decided I could just cheat and wish everyone a happy LATE fourth today. I hope that works cause its the best I can do.

HAPPY LATE FOURTH!!!

source

Now onward!

I saw this list on Pinterest the other day and it was so cool I just had to do it too. Its a 15-day character challenge. You can choose to use books, movies, TV shows or all of the above - it's really up to you. I'm going to be doing all three, which should be interesting. If any of you want to join in, by all means please do! I know my buddy Jim is going to be posting over on the other blog, so pop over and check it out when you get the chance!

source
 


1.) The first character you loved.

For books

I was eleven when I first read the Howl series and he is the first character I can remember really LOVING like that. He was so funny and ridiculous but there was so much mystery and fault hidden in him and he was so wonderful. He is the first character I remember who made a real impact on me and who really stuck with me for weeks after reading the book. So I'm going with Howl.
 


source

 
For Movies:
 
The First character I can remember really loving in a movie was Edmund Pevensie. I was like, ten when The Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe came out and I went to see it in theatres. I was still reading the book and I remember watching the movie and thinking he was such a sad character. I remember loving his redemption story and thinking he was incredibly brave. To this day I still like Edmund.  He is my favorite Pevensie, being the one with the most interesting story and the best character ark.

For a TV show:
 
I want to narrow this down. I know I like Kirk and his crew but I don't think I LOVED them like that - they were just fun. So that means the first character I remember loving - and I mean delving into and connecting with and really, really understanding and GETTING, was Arthur Pendragon.
 
source
I know there are a lot of people who don't like Arthur. There are even more who just full on hate him and everything he stands for and it kind of breaks my heart. They seem to think Arthur is this arrogant, stuck up and selfish prince who thinks himself above everyone else and expects everything to be handed to him on a silver plate just because he's a king. They think he is tyrannical and unjust and murders without reason or proper conviction. They also thinks he is disloyal and a bad friend, which is so far beyond true. Arthur is very loyal to those he holds dear and he always has been. He has trouble opening up and saying how he actually feels so he usually ends up joking and poking fun rather than trying to express what he's actually thinking. Because of that he comes off as arrogant and uncaring sometimes, but he really isn't. And as far as being unjust and tyrannical... don't even go there with me. If you think these things about Arthur you don't understand his character.
 
 
Day one completed!! I hope this is more fun than that song challenge. I think it will be. I hope it doesn't get super boring. Cause that would be sad.
 
PEACE OUT Y'ALL!! *Slides off car*
 
 
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things