Tuesday, June 3, 2014

"I looked into the TARDIS. And the TARDIS looked into me."




FELLOW WHOVIANS!!!!!!!!! Today is Bad Wolf Day!!!! This is a thing! Seriously. Spread the word.

source

Now on to the snippet. I was wondering what I should post today, then I realized I haven't introduced you to Dimitri or Nightly yet, so here is one of their first scenes in the book. Be kind, its rusty.

The sky opened up and let loose its waters. Nightly scowled and pulled the hood of his cloak tightly over his head. The cloak was rather too big for him because it had belonged to Dealm, and it sagged around his shoulders and trailed in the dirt. He'd been tempted to rip it off more than once during the journey but the cold and wet had kept it on. Now he was glad he had left it on. Their walking slowed and became even more labored. The rain was turning the dirt and grime to mud and the mud grip the feet of the travelers and stuck to their boots. Everything was bleak and wet and horrible. Nightly hated it. He couldn't believe how far he and Dimitri had been forced to fall. To go up against their own kingdom. To be on the run as traitors and fugitives. To have lost a friend.... and not just to betrayal. He gritted his teeth hard and stopped his thoughts before they could drift again toward Dealm. He didn't want to remember. He wished he could forget that whole night. He wished he could wipe it away. He wondered if Dimitri felt the same way.

 Dimitri didn't. He didn't feel regret or even grief. All he felt was rage. Cold rage that ran through his veins and banged in his head every time he thought of Liam. Liam. He thought he might hate Liam. Liam and his secrets. Liam and his lies. Liam and his treachery which he never saw coming until the sword struck his arm and made him fall. Liam had smiled then. His face had broke into a wide, twisted smile and he had tapped Dimitri lightly on the head with the flat of his sword. "Dimitri, Dimitri. Did you honestly think -"

Dimitri shut Liam's voice out of his head viciously. He did hate Liam. He did. Why shouldn't he? Why should he care anymore? He didn't! Sluck went the mud. Sluck. Sluck. Sluck. Slim. Slim. Sliam. Sliam. Liam. Liam. Liam. Dimitri stopped and glowered at the mud. It must have thought it was pretty clever, mocking him like this! Well it could think whatever it wanted. What did mud know anyway?

"Dimitri?" Nightly watched his brother anxiously. "Are you alright?"

Dimitri started walking again. "I'm fine. Stop asking me if I'm Alright! I'm alright!"

Nightly fixed his eyes on the ground and kept walking. He knew Dimitri was upset and lashing out, but he wished he would just let himself snap. Nightly wanted him to shout. To vent. His silence frightened him because it meant he hadn't dealt with the situation and was still just going with anger. And he could only hold that in for so long. Nightly wished Dimitri would talk. He wished Dimitri would let him talk. He wanted to vent. He wanted to scream and sob and curse. But instead he plodded in silence trying hard not to shout at the hard silent back in front of him. He knew there were some things can't be spoken of in words. Maybe Liam's betrayal was one of them.

*Nervously Chews Nails* Does it suck? I think it needs a good polish, but maybe I've been editing too long. On the subject of editing, I am going to continue Camp NaNo in June. And I'm going to try and finish part one of this stupid book so I can work on part two and cry. Tyson hurts guys. Tyson wasn't suppose to hurt. Last night  when I tried to write, I found a song that describes him pretty well. Some of the lyrics are weird but most of them fit almost perfectly. TYSON!!!! *sob*

 
And I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
'Cause I like to keep my issues drawn
It's always darkest before the dawn
 
 At the end of part one this is 100% Tyson. Just so you know. And I'm pretty sure now that he and Peregrine are going to be the big storyline in part two. I have to finish part one first though. *headdesk* Part one keeps needing more stuff added to it to make it work. That's okay though, right? Having to add stuff is fine. I can add. And I can fix that out-of-character crap. Right?? Sure. I can do that.

source
 
Just one more thing. I am hoping to do a follow-up interview for that Job today. I want this job. I'd really, really like to have this job. Please pray I get it. I would so grateful.
 

 
*Sides off Car*
 
 
~Ben-the-Robot~

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are like wonderful, sad, depressed, amazing brothers and I want to give them a hug!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait. you're going to like them even more.

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things