Friday, June 13, 2014

"I don't want to touch the world! Its not sanitary!"


I went to work for the first time today.

I have discovered Three things.

One: I may be more on the extrovert side but I definitely have some introvert in me and I did not like being away from home for four hours. With the public. It was not fun.

Two: I don't like making sandwiches. It makes me nervous and flustered and my hands shake.

Three: If it wasn't for Disneyland I wouldn't be doing this.

I kept reminding myself this is my first day. it will get better. It will get better. It will get better. I think a lot of the anxiety was because I have never done anything like this before. EVER. And when I get nervous I forget stuff. Stuff I usually know up down and sideways. Its why I don't test well. And when I was making sandwiches I'd forget things. And then I'd get more nervous.

The first couple hours were the worst. I was so anxious and I kept worrying that I wasn't getting anything right. But as it went on I got a little better. I wasn't calm or anything but I didn't feel like crying every time I got a piece of bread out. I kept shouting BUCKY! and DISNEYLAND!! in my head to keep my courage up. And.... I think for a first time thing I did pretty well. I told myself this while waiting outside the shop for my ride to come take me home. I was only there four hours. I am still learning the ropes. I can do this. I am the Master Commander!

Then my sister came and I kind of unloaded all my pent up nerves on her and she was awesome and took me out for coffee cause big sisters do that sort of thing. And then I came home and fried my brain on pinterest and tried not to think.

My first day at work.

A little awful.

A little stressful.

A little okay.

I think I can do this.


FOR DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


source


After Pinterest I happened into my room and leaped on to the bed. And I was pleasantly surprised to find it was squishy. SQUISHY! Like, sooooooft. As in I sunk into it. That has never happened. Ever.

Our Mattress sucks.

I was contemplating how this phenomenon had happened and when I remembered my mom had gone off the hill this morning. I got really excited and peaked under the covers to see if my theory was right. It was. Guys?? I have memory foam!!!!

source

I'm going to have lots of fun with this. Lots of fun. Every time someone comes into my room.
 
"Hey, I have memory foam...." Then I will laugh to myself because I am so funny and clever to have made that reference.
 
I have to write tonight and that means a short post. I'm sorry it can't be helped. I will try to post for real tomorrow, I will. BUT GUYS! I AM ONLY 3,000 WORDS AWAY FROM 50,000!!!!!!
 
I'm going to try to reach that tonight.

Which is why I am going, leaving you with such a feeble, boring post. I'm doing NaNo! Deal with it!


GOD BLESS Y'ALL! And thanks sooooooo much for your prayers. They are much appreciated :)


*Slides off Car*
 
 
Bella. 

8 comments:

  1. This is anything but a boring post! Congrats on your first day of work!! :D Sounds like you're off to a good start to me...I would have been twice as nervous as you were and dropped things constantly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Natasha. I was much more freaked then I sound, believe me

      Delete
  2. Aww, first days are ALWAYS terrible!. Whenever I made a mistake or did something clumsy my nerves would sky rocket and stuff like that would keep happening :P It got better though! Just keep up the pep talk to yourself!

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep shouting "FOR DISNEYLAND!" and hope that makes everything better. *giggle* once I have enough money If its too terrible I can always quit....

      Delete
  3. You have memory foam? Use that line every chance you get. Every. Chance.

    Jerk

    Jim the Space Adventurer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done with being so close to 50 000! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) it hasn't been easy but I'm making it!!!!!

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things