Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Soldiering through NaNo....

I'm posting my first snippet today!!
source
I may be a little terrified.

A lot terrified.

This is a lot scarier than I thought it would be.

Just post it!

Shut up Tyson!

How hard is it to post it??

Go away.

I'm just trying to help.

Well you're not.

OKAY!!!! **Shakes out hands**

This snippet comes shortly after the company's meeting with Annemarie.

*Cracks knuckles*

Here it goes. (Oh my gosh, this makes me so, so nervous...)
Michael bit his lip, watching as Peregrine examined the girls leg. The wound seemed to be the result of an arrow, and it was dreadfully deep. He wondered how long she had had it and how she had run on it at all. Carefully Peregrine began to to clean it out, rubbing away the dried blood and dirt from around her ankle. The more of the wound he saw, the less optimistic he felt. "Its deep Perry," Michael said. "I don't know if .... I just don't know." Peregrine continued to his work and didn't look up. "I have to try." he said. "I have to try."
"How long is this going to take," grumbled Tyson.
"As long as needed," Peregrine snapped back. "She's hurt and she needs help. Do you have a problem with that?"
"Only a problem with being caught," said Tyson. "She was running you know. Which means she was being chased. You see the broken shackles around her ankle? She's been a very naughty girl, I'd wager, and I'd rather not be found by her pursuers, if its all the same to you."
"It won't take long to dress this," Michael assured Tyson. "Anyone, we can't just leave her like this." 
"She could be a criminal," Tyson pointed out. 
"Or she could not be." said Peregrine. "And anyway, we're all criminals according to the Wardens."
Tyson snorted. "The last thing we need is another member added to this group. There's too many of us as it is. The more people we lug around the easier it will be to be spotted." Peregrine ignored the pirate. "Do you have any idea who she is?" asked Dimitri. "Did she say anything, before... before she went unconscious?" Peregrine shook his head. "No. She didn't say anything...." He gently rubbed at the cut as he spoke and suddenly, without warning, the girl started awake. Her hand sprung up and grabbed his arm. Her eyes were wild. "What are you doing?" There was panic in her voice and she tried to pull away. She yelped in pain and clutched at her leg.
"Its alright," said Peregrine, trying to calm her, at the same time, cautioning the others not to come forward with a slight shake of his head. "its alright. I'm trying to help." The girl stared at him. Then she reached out and struck him across the face. She stumbled to her feet and tried to run, but her bad leg didn't allow her to go far. She stumbled and he caught her wrist. "Stop! You can't run, you're injured." She pulled  her arm back hard, and this time something caught Peregrine's eyes. He tightened his grip on her wrist and with his other hand he pulled away her sleeve, making sure what he'd seen was true. Then his eyes looked up into hers. She looked back, terrified, knowing he had seen. Softly, so no one else heard, he said, "What are you doing so far from home, child of the dragons?"   
So.... do you like? CAUSE IT WAS REALLY, REALLY HARD MAKING MYSELF POST THIS!
**BREATH!**
At least its over now.

I felt bad cause I had wanted to post this yesterday, but, GUESS WHAT??? I was way to busy to be posting anything. I had so much school to do it was ridiculous. I hardly got any writing done, so now I'm behind because I also didn't write Sunday. I know!!! That's TWO DAYS without a word count. Or at least a good word count. I felt bad for doing nothing on Sunday, but it was a big family day and we went out to the park and had a picnic and played volleyball and tag, and by the time I got home I was too tired to write. I did try. I think I did like.... maybe a third of a chapter and then I was just like, "Nope." Then today... Today I watched Star Wars. And you know what? I like it. I even clapped and acted ridiculous when Leia said "I love you," and Han said "I know." Like "EEEK! I SHIP IT!!!" I really like Han Solo. He is funny and cool and altogether brilliant. He made me laugh and I wondered why Leia was so mean to him. I am such a freakin' geek!!! *dies* DO NOT JUDGE! Remember, I grew up on Star Trek (and I still enjoy watching those silly Kirk episodes....) so normality was never an option with me. And Anyway, what's wrong with liking Star Wars?

Tyson is poking me, demanding me to finish this chapter, and he's been very patient throughout this post, so I think its only fair I do as he asks. And I do need to try and catch up on some writing. So with a fond farewell I'm off!!!

Han Solo


May the force be with you!*Slides off Car*






~Ben The Robot~

8 comments:

  1. Bella, I loved the snippet!! I'm not just saying that because you are my friend, either. I truly liked it. It is intriguing and it makes me want to know more.

    STAR WARS!!!! I'm a huge Star Wars geek. I've seen all six movies and they are on my list of movies to watch over and over and over. Han and Leia are hilarious.

    Best wishes on your novel, Bella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you that really made my day. I liked Star Wars! Someone I know doesn't like Han Solo and I was like .... WHAT....?????

      Delete
  2. Wow, that was intriguing! It captured my attention! Very good job! What else happens?? Keep up the great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bella!
    I found your blog a few weeks ago and I just had to comment today! Your snippet is really well done :) The last part makes me what to read what happens next, it's THAT good! Keep it coming :)

    My brother is a huge Star Wars geek and it rubbed off on me :D Hans and Leia are the best! I don't get why she was so mean to him either...maybe she was just trying to hide her feelings for him? Idk. Crazy lady :D

    Anyway, I really like your blog :)

    Cheers!

    ~Mary@http://toomanydelightfulhobbies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by Alice :) I've been a huge geek all my life, so it only felt fitting I watched Star Wars. I felt sad to not have seen it. It was super fun :D

      aw thanks for the snippet

      Delete
  4. Le snippet was actually pretty good. *nods*

    Tyson sounds a little like Roden.

    I know! That part with the "No, I am your father." I was like, "HE SAID THE THING." "That's impossible!" *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are you just saying that because you are my sister??

      HE SAID THE THING!!!

      Delete
  5. I already ranted over it, but I had to say again....LOVE IT!!!!

    Jim the Space Adventurer

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things