Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Don't do anything stupid until I get back." "How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you."

I am going to attempt Camp NaNo this month!!!!
source
Why would I do such a thing, you ask. Well, ..... I'm not completely sure myself. In fact, I am a little concerned for my mental sanity. Not that I have much (if any) left. But there a method to my madness!!! I'm afraid that if I don't make myself finish my story it will never get done. It will become another half-finished-not-quite-masterpiece laying neglected and dusty in the rejects section under the bed. Also, I actually am in a "I should write" faze, so I need to inflict pain while I have the motivation. I pulled my story out and went through it and have discovered several plot holes and plot jumps. I also have trouble writing "in between" moments. Those are hard, just in case you want to know. Two of my characters have also had a slight name-change. Tyrone is now Tyson and Annamaria is now Annemarie. I'm not sure when either of them decided to have and identity crisis, but its done now and I actually prefer it this way. Most of my characters have also changed a good deal since the last time I posted about them, which means more tweaking. The story on the whole has changed a lot. But the essentials are still there which is why I want to finish it so badly. I know I am the kind of writer who needs a push, and after my lovely friend agreed to do Camp NaNo I jumped into the challenge with little much excitement. And to freak myself out even more, I decided that at the end of the month I am going to start posting sneak peeks all throughout the month and at the end I will give you a book update! That way I can't cheat!! *screams*

This is why I don't like the new Peter Parker
 So... No more Pinterest? Well, less pinterest. Less youtube. I've had to cut back and those anyway because of school. Oh yeah, another reason this is such a mad idea - I AM TRYING TO FINISH SCHOOL THIS MONTH!!! I am trying to finish school, write a book and get a job all in the same four weeks.

Add caption

Madness, you say?? No no, this is not madness! this is.... this is.....!

Okay. Maybe it is a little mad. But that doesn't mean it can't be done does it?

Now I'm off. I'm going to edit and go crazy and laugh at all you social  people who have lives.



~Ben the Robot~

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot! Just don't fry your brains. Good luck with nanowrimo. **thumb up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the encouragement, I'll need it

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome, anytime! :)

      Delete
  2. I hate you with your motivation and job hunting. You're going to have a job, and I will have no job.

    That gif of Dean made me really really happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that gif would make you happy - that's kind of why I did it :)

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things