Tuesday, March 4, 2014

My Week

source
And I'm back!!!

Hey guys! I know its been a bit since I've posted and I'm am very sorry. Truth is, I've been on vacation - also known as spending the week at my brothers apartment to help him unpack. It was one of those spur-of-the-moment-no-time-to-think things. Luckily I didn't have to go alone. My older sister came with me and did a lot of the hard stuff - writing menus and such. I don't know what I would have done without her.

The first thing we did, of course, was go shopping. Unfortunately we didn't know a very important detail: My brother had no food in his house. like, none. at all. I think he had thyme and oregano and that was it. I have never seen cupboards so sad and empty. What did he live on, air??? I'm Italian, I couldn't live like this!!! So even with the shopping his cupboards were rather bare. But at least we had Sandwich material. that was good. After the house was stocked up, we started unpacking the kitchen. That's when we realized that in the tape covering almost every box there were horrible, ugly and terrifying, dead cockroaches.

source
You could hear us spontaneously yelp whenever we discovered one where it shouldn't be. (In the bag of silver wear, for instance) That's when you start feeling things on your arm even though there's nothing there. You start smacking away imaginary bugs and shuttering in disgust and horror. Why did it have to be cockroaches?

Aside from that, the rest of our stay was pretty nice. We got to stay up later than usual and we watched a couple Disney movies from the 90's that I'd never seen. Like The Emperor's New Groove and Treasure Planet.
 
 
 
Okay, this was a really, really stupid movie. But it was freakin' hilarious! And its ridiculously quotable. I can't believe I'd never seen it before. I've had such a neglected childhood!
 
Treasure Planet, on the other hand.....
 
I know a few people who didn't much care for this movie, but I liked it way more than I thought it would. It even gave me feels, something I totally wasn't expecting. The animation is pretty rubbish, but the story and characters are really great. I love Silver. And Jim. Jim was funny. As a plus it had a sort-of Star Trek reference
I guess it was fun, except for the food poisoning bit, but I'm glad to be home now. One can have too much fun, you know? Plus, I missed my bed. I really missed my  bed.
 
In case you didn't know,
 
Today is Fat Tuesday, which for Catholics means, the last day before Lent. I am not ready for Lent. I feel like I've just HAD Lent. Maybe because Last Fat Tuesday I was sick too. Oh yeah, did I mention I was sick?  I think I may have said something about food-poisoning.... well anyway, I'm sick. AGAIN! Like seriously, I've been sick for a WHOLE YEAR RUNNING!! I go through these two-day sprees where I start thinking I am feeling better and then bamb! Sick again before I have a chance to get well. I've either had the cold that hangs on for MONTHS, or the cramping flu, or the cough that wont go away, or the odd, queasy feeling that no one likes. Sick, sick, sick. Twelve months now. The whole freakin' circle. This can't be good for me. Oh, and I still have sniffles. So....
 
 
How did I get food-poisoning you ask? I have no idea. I think it was the confectioner sugar I tried to put in my tea, which I then took a teeny-tiny taste of before dumping down the drain. Or maybe something in my meal disagreed with me. I don't even know for certain if it was food poisoning. It might have been one of those three-day bugs. It felt like food poisoning.
 
Being Fat Tuesday, we're trying to feast and be merry. I don't know how merry I will be but I don't feel horrific anymore, so I'll do my best. I wish I could be healthy for the Holidays. Is that so much to ask for?
 
Lol. Poor little me. I'm complaining now. That's not a good thing. But being sick is no fun an I've been sick a long time, so I think I have a small right. On the bright side, Treskie has let me use her computer to start making music videos again. She wanted my videos so badly she actually let me near her laptop. I was flattered. I didn't realize my videos were that good. I also didn't realize how much I missed video-making. It help me to relax, and its kind of therapeutic for me. I missed that. Anyway, I made a pretty awesome tribute to Dean Winchester. I'm a little upset about the quality and how it looks a bit blurred, but I really couldn't help that. Windows Movie Maker wouldn't save it in a higher quality without freezing half-way through. So I had to do it in low quality. For some reason this always happens with videos over three minutes. The Monster video I'm planning to do will probably have the same look. Oh well. At least the videos good.
 
This video has lots of spoilers from every season, so if you are watching the show and don't want to know anything, don't watch. (probably the best if viewed on a larger screen. Enhance the YouTube video to medium size)
 


 
That's all for now guys. I'll try to be back soon - with Lent coming I don't know how often I'll be on but I'll try to still post a few times a week.
 
 
God Bless!
Bella

3 comments:

  1. "I'LL SMASH IT WITH A HAMMA! AHAHAHAHAAAAAA!"
    "Oh right. The poison for Kuzko. The poison chosen especially to kill Kuzko. Kuzko's poison.... That poison?"

    I lurved Treasure Planet.

    Deeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaan. DEAAAAAAAAAAAAN. DEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't quote me to me... lol

      DEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      I can do it too :)

      Delete
  2. Ugh, Cockroaches? Really?! The only cockroach I like is the one in Wall-E, and then only because Wall-E liked him so much.

    Nice video! Me likey. :)

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things