Monday, January 20, 2014

In which I am very angry.

source
Something terrible happened last night, something traumatized, enraging and hateful. Something so terrible that I don't know I'll ever be over it. My family was unable to watch The Empty Hearse. This was a devastating moment. I'd planned a whole, geek-y blog post, we'd made scones and tea and finally, had excitedly counted down the minutes until the long-awaited episode aired. See, we were told it would stream online, and you could watch it on PBS. Silly little us, we're so gullible. Of course it didn't show up. It never does. And the episode had disappeared from Youtube. We were going to miss Sherlock. After all this time, all the tears and patience, we were going to miss the return.

At first I just got really, really angry. The calm, shocked anger that only happens when you are deprived of Sherlock after expecting it for two years.
John
But then I got depressed and emotional as it sunk in that I wouldn't be seeing and John and Sherlock moments, discovering the truth about Sherlock's death, finding out what's with the mustache, or meeting Molly. It hurt folks. It hurt a lot.
source
 
source

 I was so upset I wanted to throw shoes and cry. I had waited Twenty-Four MONTHS for this flippin' episode, and for most of them I didn't even know when the waiting would end. Getting a release date was like someone lighting a match at the end of a very long, dark tunnel and asking you to come toward it. Not seeing the episode was like the person blowing the candle out just as you reached it.
source
It was like the Day of the Doctor only way worse because at least we were able to watch that one. Maybe this is Moffat's way of punishing us for being so horrible to him. Don't put Sherlock online, even though you said it would be! The fans will love that!!"  Mwahahahahahaha!!!!!!
I hate Moffat. Sometimes I wish I could just, ya' know.......
We tried to make the best of our loss. We promised each other a glamorous Sherlock party with feasting and games, and we tried to lift our spirits by looking towards the fun we would have instead of thinking of the fun we were missing. It didn't help much. Its very vexing, knowing other Sherlockian's all over America are settling down and being astonished and overwhelmed with feels while you have to content yourself with Arrow to drown your devastation. It was all very, very vexing. I was so upset. Bitterly disappointed would be the better description.
Actually that's not fair to Arrow. Arrow is actually quite good. I can see it joining my fandom list at some point, though for now its just enjoyable. The fight scenes are really good, the villain is incredibly Hate-able (Well, he's Jack Harkness after all...) and I like most of the characters too. Its a good TV show and, as far as substituting for our Sherlock, it did okay. It helped me get through the night without yelling at least.


Tommy is my favorite, even though he's just a side character, but I like Oliver too, and Felicity is just adorable, she's so awkward and sweet. I lover her. Its also pretty clean, but there are some bad scenes in it, though its rated PG14 so I guess that's expected. If you ever have time, try it out. Its good.

Now I'll go. I simply wanted you all to know why I didn't post yesterday and why you aren't being showed with Fangirl Feels of Emotion. Don't worry, you'll get that post soon. I will find a way to watch that Sherlock, if it means going to the ends of the earth!!!
 
 
God Bless!
Bella


13 comments:

  1. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/

    Does that website not work for you!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll trynit, thanks :) it's safe right?

      Delete
  2. It says here that it will air at 1am tonight. I don't get that channel though otherwise i would record it for you. :(

    http://www.locatetv.com/tv/masterpiece-mystery/5802807

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried Rose m's link and it works on my ipad! You can see the episode... Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got your email. So here it is again, attempted. I think....let's see, I kind of remember it. (It's been a whole, like, five minutes. I've been editing, so I am blaming my editing.)

    I complained about Arrow for the most part. I've not seen it.....but I'm a Marvel girl, and he's DC, and I have DC problems. Because...they aren't Marvel. And they don't have Coulson, and if you don't have Coulson on your superhero team you aren't half as cool. You aren't even three times as cool. You're just....not cool. But if I can get over my DC issues I might watch it.

    THAT LINK WORKS!Q!!! I tried it!!! We both have to watch it before it is gone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how long do we have before its gone???

      arrow is good, I think you'd like it. but you are right, there is no Coulson - which is why I want to watch Agents of SHIELD so badly.

      thanks for comenting!

      Delete
    2. I have no idea, but knowing BBC and their meanness I would think we only have till the next one is out, if even that. So we have to watch it and be in awe of its amazingness while we have the chance. (I need to move next door so I don't have to suffer the pain and joy of BBC alone. I could run over right now and we could watch it.)

      Yes, Agents of SHIELD is amazing, because Coulson is in it. And Coulson is amazing. And if Arrow had Coulson I'd watch it without hesitation. Everyone needs a Coulson. But yeah, I might make myself try it. Maybe I can convince myself it isn't DC....

      Delete
  5. Poor Bella. :( Hopefully, you'll get to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did, you see it, did you see it?!!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and Sammy says hi. He can comment, but we don't know how it will work since we can't make them slanty and no one will know it is him and not me. But he says hi through me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And he says he wants to come when Jack comes. We are going to hide in her suit case even if she doesn't invite us.

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things