Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy Late New Year!

Rose Tyler


Happy Be-lated New Year all of you! I'm sorry I wasn't here for the big day, I had a nice post planned and everything, but I was quite, quite ill on New Year's and was sleeping for most of the day. which means I have to do yet another post a day late and a dollar short. Its becoming a bad habit with me. *sigh*

To celebrate the arrival of January and hope for the new page of the story, I've decided  to  do Ally's tag from last year.

What did you do in 2013 you'd never done before? 

Want to know something terrible? I can't think of anything! I.. erm... I finished Tenth Grade. I started a book that I actually might finish. I started making music videos.....

Real busy year.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you be making a new one? 

I don't do Resolutions. They never really work out for me and then I feel like a loser.

Did anyone close to you give birth?

No, but two of my sisters are expecting!!

Did anyone close to you die?

My best friend's dad passed away last year and he was a really good family friend so that was very hard.

What countries/states did you visit?

I went to Idaho for a couple of weeks where I met two of my bloggy friends which was very fun indeed. I also go to Nevada twice a month but that doesn't really count cause we only live about 40 minutes away from the border.

What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?

I'd like to have a better mind-set when it comes to school because... I'm really unmotivated when it comes to school. I would also like a role in a play/musical

What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? 

August 31st, the Day our family reunion began - hands down the best day of the year.

Did you move anywhere

Erm...no.

What was the Best month?

September, the month my entire family was altogether and there was an overwhelming amount of adorable wee-ones rushing about the premises.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Passing 10th Grade Math.

What was your biggest failure?

I didn't finish NaNo :''(

What was the best thing you bought? 

Once Upon a Time Season 2. That show...*sigh*

Whose behavior merited celebration? 

I can't answer that......

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

A certain black man of high authority.

Where did most of your money go?

Christmas Presents!!!!

What's the best concert you've been to this year?

I didn't go to a concert this year :(

What song or Album will always remind you of 2013? 

Probably any song from Imagine Dragons, but especially River.

Compared to this time last year are you:
1. Happier or Sadder - Happier
2. thinner of fatter - About the same
3. Richer or poorer -  eh, so-so. We're definitely not rich

What do you wish you'd done more of?

I wish I'd been able to take a couple more acting classes, that would've been nice.

What do you wish you'd done less of? 

I shouldn't worry so much, I need to relax a little. Also, I probably shouldn't spend quite so much time on Pinterest... *blush*

How did you spend Christmas?

At home with my family, just like always.

How are you spending your New Year?

Well I spent most of my New Year napping because I wasn't particularly well, but I was able to come out and enjoy a lovely meal with my family and do a little bit of celebrating during the evening. I was really tired though, which sucked.

Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

My best friend Sammi!

What was the best book you read? 

I really loved The Castaways of the Flying Dutchman, and The Angels Command. Those were both brilliant books. So was Leap of Faith but that's not a new discovery or anything. I read it every now and then to life my spirits. Its so sweet and beautiful and sad ... *sniffle*



Did you fall in love in 2013?

Unless fictional characters count, no.

What was your favorite TV Show? 

Oh I had a couple....

Once Upon a Time is a fairly new show and I, personally, quite like it. It is really fun and exciting and it has some really brilliant characters in it. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a little fantasy with some magic, sword-fights and a truly amazing villain. But be warned - its the type of show that could have been EPIC, and as it is, its good and you enjoy it. My favorite characters are Rumplestiltskin and Belle. Love story aside, both these characters are interesting, well acted and fun to learn about. I also really like Neal and Henry.


Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate at this time last year?

No, but there are some people I don't really like anymore.

What did you want and get? 

A new Computer. Oh, and a brown hoodie. That was the best moment of Christmas Morning you guys.

What did you want and not get? 

I didn't get to take that Broadway class at the College which is really sad for me.

What were your favorite films of this year?

Does this mean New-Releases or movies I've only just watched this year? I'm going with movies I watched :)

Angel in the House- incredibly cute, family-friendly movie with a beautiful message and a touching storyline. Definitely worth your time.

Frozen - Disney's newest animated movie, enjoyable and fun to watch with just an undertone of seriousness and the little romance that Disney always has.

Monsters University - A prequel to Monsters Inc. Pixar delivered a wonderful cartoon that had you surprisingly emotional and gave you a nice, happy feeling everywhere. I loved it :)

Rise of the Guardians - One of the best movies you'll ever watch. Just go find it and you'll see why its one of my favorites!

Thor; the Dark world - I think Thor is an incredibly underrated avenger. I've always liked him and in this last movie he was really amazing and brilliant, and he and Loki were a lot of fun to watch. I do wish people would stop saying Loki is a hero, or that he's better than Thor. I love Loki, I do, and I think there is good still in him and he could be redeemed and make a turn-around, but he is a bad man and he deserves what he gets. That being said, I really liked him and Thor working together in this movie. Brother stories, man, they're the best. Brother and Friendship stories - nothing like them. They're my favorite.

What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?

Wow. Okay, give me a minute while I think back to January of last year. I believe I spent the day with my family, watched a fun movie and had my best friend over for the night. I can't remember the movie, but I think I got a Taylor Swift CD and some Pajama's. Anyway, it was a lovely day.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013? 

I tried really hard to adopt Belle's style from Once Upon a Time, But mostly I was all over the board.

What kept you sane? 

Well, I'm already insane, so the better question is; What kept you functioning? - My amazing friends, both on my street and online. My Family. My obsessions and Fandoms. My books. Looking forward to Christmas.

 What celebritie/public figure did you fancy the most? 

This is a tricky one, because there are a lot of actors I've seen this past year that I have quite liked/ I really like Matt Smith and his mates Arthur Darvill and Karen Gillan, they are brilliant. But I suppose the two actors whom I just discovered and fell in love with would be these guys.
 
They just seem so sweet, so descent and normal.

What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? 

Not freaking out so much over things I can't control. Well, no freaking out on the whole would have been nice :)

What Political Issue stirred you the most? 

I don't pay attention to politics but there was one thing that caught my interest. You have probaby all heard of the show Duck Dinesty. Its a Live-TV shows that feauture these firm, Christian men and their families and their daily lives. Well, one of these fellows was asked his opinion on the....queers, and he said he didn't agree with it. That's it. The station that asked the question went into an uproar and threatened to throw him off the show, but his family said they would stop the show if their Uncle wasn't allowed back on and the next thing you knew, the Uncle was in the next episode! But seriously guys, what the heck? If you ask a Christian who is obviously VERY DEVOUT in his faith, what his view are on immorality, what do you expect him to say? there were hundreds upon thousands of people defending this man, some of them being Queer people themselves. It was crazy.

Who did you miss? 

Oh, my family mostly. and a couple good family-friends that live a long ways away and whom we don't get to see very often.

Who was the best person you met? 

I don't meet a whole lot of people. I'm very isolated here, in this tiny neighborhood in the mountains. I didn't really meet anyone this year, but I got to know some people better - especially my bloggy friends!

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013


 
I'm not so worried about what people think anymore. I've always been more outgoing then the rest of my family, but its hard sometimes, to just be me and not care, especially when people you know don't seem to approve. But I figure, God made me so he must want me the way I am, quirks and all, and I shouldn't try to be anyone but me.

Now I feel all cheesy and chick-flicky.....

Quote a song or lyrics that sums up your year.

 
Just because everything's changing
doesn't mean its never been this way before
 
All you can do is try to know who your friends are
as you head off to the war.
Pick a star on the dark horizon and, follow the light!
I'll come back, when you call me.
No need to say goodbye.
 
Five personal significant events.
 
I finished Tenth Grade
I started a story that actually has a plot
My whole family came together for an entire week in September.
I took an acting class

I discovered Imagine Dragons

Five things I want to do in 2014

Act in a play
Finish my story
Do Nano (maybe?)
Finish 11th grade.
Take the college Broadway class

Five people I'd like to know  better in 2014.

My bloggy friends!! So original right?

Now once again, happy late-New Year. The very best wishes to all of you, in your home and in your personal life, and may this year be better than the last - just remember, when times are tough; Christmas is coming!

God bless!
~Bella

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I saw a recent picture of you in your Christmas post and I was shocked at how much you've grown (because we met in March or April of last year and you had just posted some pictures of yourself). Scary how fast time goes.

    Oh, I'm halfway through Season 5 of Merlin and my heart is almost in pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to update my blog pic lol :)

    You're half-way through Merlin?be brave Ivy, be brave!! You can wite me your feels whenever you feel like you need to vent :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, my friend. I gave up on resolutions as well. I'm too lazy for them. That sounds horrible to say out loud, but if I'm honest with myself that is the reason I've given up on them. They just take so much work. So I do things I know will get done anyways and then I feel like I accomplished something. It is the resolution cheating system. You can join in if you like.

    AW! Babies coming!! I want to move by you so when your sisters visit you with their babies I can hold them. No one near me has had a baby in so long, I'm going through cuddling withdrawls. And those who have had babies don't share. Which isn't fair. If someone has a baby they should share. I just want to hold it until it cries, then I promise to give it back.

    So...I know a cheating resolution you should do this year. SInce you only went to two States last year you need to go to a new one this year. I know of a nice state...kind of windy and cold, but nice.

    Unmotivated in school, aren't we all? If I lived closer I would totally help you put a play on, even a musical. Together, we could be very talented and manage to pull it off.

    PASSING MATH!!! *High fives* You go!

    You and Treskie both have a friend named Sammi? Or is it the same Sammi?

    I need to read the Flying Duthman books. John has been begging me since last summer but we ran out of time when we got lost in Rakkety Tam. We will have to make time this summer.

    Good for you! I love you as you and I'd be sad if you stopped being you because of what other people think. All the best people are mad. And you're my fantastic, insane Bella and that alone makes you special 8-D
    There, I chick flicked back at you so you don't feel so out of place now.

    Allons-y! And a Happy week late New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.
    Yes, 11 and Clara do have a tad bit of a romantic thing. It is very small though, and it isn't really romantic. It is more of a small crush on her part, which is understandable. He's the Doctor, who doesn't have a small crush on him? But it was just kind of sweet, but not like with Rose or River or anything. Just her saying, more or less, "I like him, but he's more of my best friend and we can't be anything else, but that is okay." And then after that there is one of my all time favourite Doctor Who moments and it had me in tears but it was so lovely. I can't say for spoilers but if you watch it let me know because I have to vent to someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People should share their babies, I agree. I love babies *sigh*

      Hmm... is this state your stae by any chance? Because I would love to visit there except

      I have no money.

      I would love to act with you!! It Would be so much fun! Only wed need a play for two people... maybe we could write one?

      Yes, passing Math was the crowning pat of 2013. I was rather plased. Treski and I have a friend named Sammi - she's the same girl. She's basially part of our family, like our adopted sister. Kind of like you :)

      Okay, as long as Claa and the Doctor aren't IN LOVE. I really don't want another love story, I just ant them to be like brother and sister. I'll be sure to tell you when I watch it then we can both vent and cry It should be pretty soon..

      God Bless!

      Delete
  5. Hi!!! I missed you and now I am back and we can talk again! And thank you!!! Because you sent Sammy to Jack and we are friends now and I like him and he likes me. And we have fun together when Jack is being boring and writing all day.

    Do you like the 12 Doctor? Have you seen a little bit of him? I like 11 best still, but I think 12 will be nice too. As long as Clara stays, she is my favourite. She is funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed you too John. I'm glad you and Sammy are friends. I knew you would be he is a very nice moose. try to be kind to Jack, she doesnt mean to be boring, but sometimes writers lose themselves. I haven't seen the 12th Doctor yet, but I'll probably watch that special next week if I can find a way to watch it. Its going to be hard because I love Matt so much, but Peter Capaldi looks good and I think I'll like him too, just not as much as Matt. Clara is very kind and funny and brave, and I hope she and the Doctor keep being good friends, because I think is cute how protective te Doctor is of her and how she is like his little sister and he's her big brother. Its very sweet.

      See you John - soon!! *eek*

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things