Sunday, January 12, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me! Happy Birthday to me! Happy BIRRRRTHHHDAAAY TO MEeeeEEEEE!!! Happy birthday to me!


I'm sixteen today!! Yep! The big, One Six that everyone is always telling you about. Yay!!! 

Surprisingly enough, it has been a lovely birthday, even though the great majority of my family was sick. Most of my older sisters were up and about, and all of us healthy, or semi-healthy people went to Mass, which started off the day nicely. Than we came home and spent a lovely afternoon feasting and talking about the wonders of life, the love for fictional characters and the traumatic effects of reading a book. 

What was the book of interest? That would beThe Queen of Attolia. 

Oh my gosh, that book was soooo hard to read!! See, I love Eugenides. I love, love, love Eugenides. But... I was very upset for most of the story, it was so hard! There was one point when I got so angry I whacked the book several times vehemently against the couch. Then I cried. 

I get very involved in my reading. 

after much consideration however, I have finally decided I did, in fact, like the book. It may take me some time to really, really, like it. It was just.... so very hurtful. But it was brilliant, and Eugenides is worth all the horrors. He is such a brilliant character! 

Aaaaaaaaand back to my birthday.....

I spent the remainder of my day being my ridiculous, Happy self because I am starting to feel well and didn't have to be super sick on my birthday, which was, you know, a big deal. My dad was kind of funny and sweet and turned on a bunch of You-are-Sixteen songs, during which I smiled awkwardly and wondered why my age was such a big deal. It was super sweet though, so I was happy. got to have a deLIcious meal and actually enjoy it, and I got to have cake and eat it with glee also. That was a big bonus. But I got really excited about my pressie. 

I got a Tea-For-One!!! You do not understand the thoughtfulness of this gift! I love tea, I have it almost every night, it is the British in me. I so excite, I was so excite, I was so excite I forgot the finer points of grammar!!! *ehem* Excited. It also goes well with my Christmas gift from my sister Mahri,  who got me a whole little coffee set with a bunch of nifty little nibblets, like cookies and chocolate. Those things also go really well with tea guys. 

I then finished off my special day with a grand Christmas movie of my choice, called A Christmas Cottage. People, I had never seen this movie before, and I was not disappointed. Its about Thomas Kincaid and his first painting in his local town. It sounds really boring but its really good and, except for a few swear words, its completely clean. Oh, and Jared Padalecki is in it. Did I mention that? He's Thomas. I am unashamed to say that he is the reason the movie caught my interest, and the main reason I watched it. I'm very glad that I did, because it was thoroughly enjoyable show on the whole, and I was even crying in a few places. But yeah, he was the best part. The movie itself is really really good, but..... he's the best part. 

Unashamed. Unashamed. *grin* 

Now I have to finish this post because its getting late and I have things I want to do with the rest of my evening, like sip tea from my new tea-cup and (maybe?) watch a Doctor Who. With Amy and Rory. Tea with the Ponds. What a lovely combination. *sigh* Okay, that settles it. I'm off! I have much to accomplish and the clocks do tick! Happy Birthday to me, and to all of you a very good night! 

God Bless! 
~Bella 

22 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh, happy birthday! 16. That, I must say, was an incredibly tedious age to be. Everyone asking what you have planned for your life. I just turned 17 a week or something ago. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be worse.

    I usually get sick on my birthday. But this year it wasn't until the day after. So that was a nice change. But then I got to stay in bed all day and read The Queen's Thief. (yay for funny coincidences!) I love that book.

    Oooh, I remember seeing that movie a couple years ago. I think I liked it.

    Wowz, who need grammar whenn you done got tea and Gen right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️
    Omg, i forgot about that Christmas movie! I loved it when i saw it. I better look it up so I wont forget. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! you should totally watch that movie itnis really good :)

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome!, :D
      i saved the page which shows when and what time it will show but it doesn'ts ay it will anytime soon. Maybe if I check amazon?

      Delete
  3. First,
    HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BELLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy 16th!!!!!! Hope it's a good one full of laughter, God's blessings, and not too many feels. ;) Love that teapot-teacup. So cute! Guess what? We celebrated my sister Molly's birthday yesterday, as well! (her birthday was the 10th). Hers was the big Two One. O.o I feel old. Well, shoot! I'm gonna be 18! Ack! Where'd the time go??

    Second,
    oooh! The Christmas Cottage! It used to be up on Netflix, and I always passed it by cause it looked lame......then I saw SPN. And realized Moose was in TCC.....and then Netflix took it down. -_- I've been wanting to see it since then. :D I just can't find it anywhere...Perhaps I'll have to rent it. Cause that's not embarrassing after renting Season 8 of SPN like 6 times, cause they separated the disks....all from the same store....with some of the same guys checking me out each time. I think they knew I was a little fangirl. Actually, one of the guys checking me out went "ooh! I just finished that one, myself!" *snort* It was perfect. But back to what I was talking about. You liked the movie? It looked pretty cute. Plus, Moose didn't do it any harm either, I'm sure. ;)

    Anyway, Hope your birthday was lovely! <3

    Your fellow Merlinite/Sammy fangirl,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you anna :)I didn't know you were almost 18. Wow. You are old. Lol. The Christmas Cottage was very good., and Jared made it even better. There was one bit where he started crying and then I started cying because I was so upset and its impossble not to cry when Jared cries. but yeah, it was amazing. You should totally watch it. If nothing else, Jared is brilliant. Treskie kept smacking me every time he smiled or grinned or laughed or his eyes filled up with tears. And I just sat there, smacking her back and smiling like an idiot it was a lovely night.

      Arthur will Rise again! Dean will save Sammy!

      Delete
  4. Bella,
    I know. I act like I'm 15, don't I? :D *grin* Awww! Moose cried?! Ugh. It's true. You can't help but feel awful and wanna cry when he cries. He's a good actor. *nod* Haha! That would totally be me!

    Ah yes, it's true....It's ok, Merlin. He'll be back. Dean will save Sammy but...there will be lots of tension between the two again. Although it'll be different from season 8 because it'll be Sam who is angry at Dean -- which hasn't happened in *quite* some time.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BELLA!!!!!!!!!! (A day late.)

    It sounds like you had a delightful birthday. That teapot and cup are adorable. Yep, nothing beats a good hot cup of proper tea. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thank you :) tea is my favorite thing at night, It helps me relax and calm down.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday, Bella, for yesterday ;)

    Im glad you had a great day!! Its good to hear all about it!! The teapot and cup is so charming!!! I cant do with out my tea either, its definitely a must, especially before bed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great day, thank you :) Tea is my go-to drink at night - its right up there with coffee

      Delete
  7. Jared is cute. I liked him on that TV show Gilmore girls. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I missed it! I am so ashamed. I was going to remember it and even send a present. Now it willbe late. Naughty me, I am so horrible with birthdays. Even my own familys. I don't know what it is with me and birthdays.

    Happy Late Birthday my dear Bella!

    I have seen that movie. The end of it. I've been meaning to watch it all through because I love his pictures, and now that I know Sammy is in it I will doubly have ot watch it.

    The tea cup is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay, no one called me on my birthday, not even my own sisters. Some of them even forgot it was my birthday. I forgot it was my birthday. I was like "Wait... today is the twelfth? when did that happen? I made up for it by eating cake and watching Jared Padalecki be adorable. and it was amazing.

      I love my tea pot. when you come out we need to have tea nights

      Delete
  9. Oh oh oh, happy birthday! 16. Not a bad age. Things don't start getting really tedious until you're closer to 17. People asking you what you're planning to do with your life left and right. Gosh, leave me to mourn Arthur Pendragon and Eleven and Eugenides' right hand in peace! Haha—I was also reading The Queen of Attolia on my birthday this year (a couple weeks ago...I turned 17...so tedious...dying...). Yay for weird coincidences.

    I like that movie. And I really like Jared Padalecki.

    I also like the tea pot/cup. And I don't even like tea.

    Happy stuff. Happy birthday. I'm droning now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be like "I am going to be an actress and go on stage and you can just suck it cause I'm not going to college - But I will take classes I like. *sticks out tongue* Did you watch Eleven regenerate yet? was it as bad as Arthur's death? Fear not! ARTHUR WILL RISE AGAI!! *sobs*

      YOU READ THE QUEEN OF ATTOLIA???? *Squeels* High five fellow fan!!! I was so upset while reading that book. I was like "Eugene!!! Eugine no!!! WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU???" :'( I'm not sure about the ending. It was hard for me to accept that. I did kind of feel bad for the queen by the end, and I didn't HATE her anymore, but I'm still upset about what she did to Gen. It was horrible. SHE HURT HIM HOW COULD SHE DO THAT??? *breathe* I need to read the King of Attolia.

      Jared Padalecki is cool. I think he is so sweet and decent and I love his friendship with Jensen Ackles :D

      How are you? I know I haven't been commenting on your blog lately. I'm so sorry :(
      cheers :)

      Delete
    2. YES YES I HAVE WATCHED THE EPISODE RAGGEDY MAN GOODNIGHT I AM DESTROYED I CRY. Probably not as bad as Arthur's death. Arthur didn't regenerate into a glaring Scottish bloke who doesn't like the colour of his kidneys. I didn't immediately love Twelve but I'm 9%% that I will soon...in 8 months...wow, that is so long. Have you seen it yet?

      It killed me a little bit when he lost his hand. Okay, it killed me a lot. I love that crazy, moody, clever kid. Oddly, I never hated Attolia. She's a great character. But still. Darn it, girl, why you gotta go choppin' cool people's hands off?! Ah. Pain. Good grief. What an inadvisable attachment to form, Gen.

      I haven't commented on yours in most of forever, if ever, so I think I can forgive you. ;)

      Delete
    3. I haven't seen it yet, I don't know how to watch it. But I do want to see it. I'm sure I will like 12, I just will really miss Matt. I love him so much.

      Eugenides!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *breathe* enough said. (I'm reading The King Of Attolia)

      Delete
  10. Hippo Birdy, Bella Bud. :)

    I know, boring, right? Short, sweet, and to the point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Kat! short and sweet is better than nothing :)

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things