Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Night before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse....

I can't stay long.....
 
Hello all! I'm sorry the post is so late but I've been very busy having a wonderful Christmas Eve and a blessed Fourth Week of Advent. I love Christmas at my home, our Christmas's are just brilliant, and this year we had an unexpected Early-Christmas celebration; We have these amazing friends up the street who are kind of like an extension to our family and a few nights ago we went and spent the evening with them. While we were there we exchanged Christmas gifts because we wouldn't be seeing each other on the big day. It was so much fun!! I got the nicest little gift from my best-y. Its a Once-Upon-A-Time bracelet with a quote by Rumpelstiltskin on it.  I was overjoyed.
Once Upon A Time Hand Stamped  All Magic comes with a Price Aluminum Cuff Bracelet
OUAT bracelt
Rumple
 That started the week off rather well I thought. 

And then we got Christmas Eve, my favorite Day besides Christmas itself. First we decorate everything, and then turn on the Christmas music and clean and scrub and congress into the kitchen where we start the real fun. We start baking. As you all know, my family takes baking very seriously. On feast days, during vacation, when we want to organize an event, our first thought is to the food. That's my favorite thing about Christmas Eve, all the baking that goes on. The only down-side is that you can't really taste anything because its Advent. So you are stirring chocolate and smelling brownies and mixing cookie batter, and unable to try any of it. Still, its fun.













I was quite overwhelmed *smirk* I should be holding a rainbow. You know. La!!!!!
 Unfortunately there aren't many pictures of me because I'm the designated Family Photographer. But I got lots and lots of pictures of the festivity so you can all get a peak at what happens when Christmas Eve comes to our home.



After the baking was done we adjourned to the living room and, being the church choir, we practiced some hymns for Christmas Mass and sounded beautiful, If I do say so myself.  Then we got into our comfy pajama's, whipped up a batch of hot cider and roasted chestnuts while listening to old-time radio shows. Right at this moment I am listening to The Great Gildersleeve Christmas. He is so funny! I remember being really little and listening to The Great Gildersleeve and I wonder why radio-shows ever went out of style. There is nothing quite like them.

Now I will bid you all farewell and join my family for the remainder of the evening. If I don't get the chance to blog tomorrow, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

God Bless!
~Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things