Monday, December 2, 2013

The first Sunday of Advent

Well its December!! How are all my writers? Returned to the land of the living have we? Unfortunately, I feel a bit rugged and let down, especially since I wasn't able to finish my NaNo story. Losing my story has really hit me hard. Not finishing NaNo has hit me hard, its really depressing. Oh well. One has tried one has failed, one can do no more.

Who am I kidding? I FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!!

source
 
*sigh* oh well. I'll try again. Maybe.

On a happier note, today begins the first week of Advent. Well, actually yesterday was the first Sunday of Advent, but this begins the first DAY. and that makes me absurdly happy. I've been feeling Christmas-y since..... Wellll, October I'd say, maybe September. Ever since my best friend up the street started listening to Christmas CD's. Which she always starts playing months in advance because she adores Christmas too. Tell you what guys, listening to "Oh Holy Night" before Halloween could make anyway crazy. And knowing you have a Christmas Present ready before Halloween, that puts you on a Christmas high. So now, finally the season has begun.

Advent is my favorite time of the year. I love the anticipation, the feeling of expectancy that hangs in the air. I love all the preparing that take place as the family gets ready for Christmas. I love putting out the Nativity scene for the first time and setting up the Advent wreath to count down the Sundays until Christmas. I love the traditions we have. One of my favorite is the Nativity scene. We never set all the statues out at once. We space out the statues, putting another one (or two) in every week, until, by Christmas Day, the Baby Jesus is the only statue left. We put him in on Christmas morning.

I just love Christmas.
source
I hope we get snow soon. I don't mind snow, in small doses, and it would suck to have a green Christmas again. Green Christmases seem surreal in Tahoe.  Because Tahoe is.... Tahoe.

That's all I have for you tonight! Have a lovely evening and enjoy the first days of the Christmas Season!! I'll leave you with one of my favorite Christmas Songs. its so Perty :)

 
God Bless!
~Bella

7 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad about nano. Be happy you stuck through it and did not give up. You did your best. You should be proud of yourself. And the good news is, you can keep writing after nano or before--anytime you want to. :)

    I love that Christmas-y feeling too. I remember once I listened to christmas music i think before Halloween or thanksgiving and it made me feel like the holidays were longer for me. It was interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made a valiant effort :)

      Christmas is my favorite time of the year, I wish we didn't have to wait so long for it.

      Delete
    2. Awesome! You sure did! You should be proud of yourself.

      Cool, Christmas time is my favorite too. ❤️ So beautiful!

      Delete
  2. LOLLLLL. Sorry. that gif cracked me up. I'm sorry your computer freaked and you couldn't finish NaNo. :(

    CHRISTMAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay. NaNo isn't EVERYTHING.

      Christmas-Christmas-christmas!

      Delete
  3. My dear Bella...

    YOU DIDN'T FAIL!!!

    The End.




    Just kidding. About it being the end.
    But seriously. You wrote something. You got words out! And from what I read they were good words. Sometimes books just don't work....I know, I have proof. But that doesn't mean it was a failure. Every attempted book counts for something, even if it is just a small idea you get from it for another book. Or a title...or...or....I forgot where I was going. (I've these fellows, hanging over my shoulder, fingering their daggers because I called them darling. I am, in all honesty, a big concerned for my life.)

    The round things were from 4's TARDIS? I've seen one with him, but he hasn't been in his TARDIS much yet so I missed that. (I love 4. I pretty much had a melt down when that girl showed up wearing his scarf. Someone said she needs to be a companion with 12, and she will always be loosing her inhailer and he will just keep a ton of them around the TARDIS for her, and now I want that.) But the 50th, it gave me so many happy feels. I love it. ONe of my all time favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to see it as a failure. I did get some stuff down, which is good. Tell your character to bugger off, you have their life in your hands, you can kill them in every chapter if you want!

      Yep !! they were from Four's TARDIS! And I loved that the actor came back at the end. It was amazing :-) I really liked the 50th! Wow, the Whovians are already deciding new companions? We just got Clara guys, do you really want another traumatic goodbye just to get a hello?? AND SO SOON?! geesh. But she would be cute .... I was thinking Maybe stormageddon, ya' know, he's probably about.... 17 by now. He should come back and be a companion. He and Clara could get together ;) I want Craige back before 11 regenerates. I want to see Amy and Rory too. I was noticing Weeping Angels in that trailer...... that would MAKE me Christmas. The Ponds returning. though unlikely *sigh* River might come back though *crosses fingers*

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things