Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"We're goin' to the chapel and we're Gonna get married..."

Day Twenty-Three. A song you'd want to play at your wedding. 

Boom
Boom
BOOM

A Thousand Years

The first time I ever heard this song I fell in love with it and decided I wanted to dance to it on my wedding day. Its so beautiful, especially the Every Breath, Every hour has come to this.... That is such a beautiful line. It makes me want to cry inside. Then I found Peter Hollen's AMAZING cover and I was totally sold on the song. Its beautiful 

The Day we met, 
Frozen I held my breath

Right from the start,
I knew that I'd found a home for my heart to fall 

but watching you stand alone

All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow. 

One Step closer

I have died every day waiting for you

Daring don't be afraid 

I have loved you for a thousand years

I will love you for a thousand more. 

Now isn't that a beautiful and touching song? A lot of people I know don't like it very much and I don't understand why. It has amazing lyrics and the music is well done. The original version is kind of long but so what? Sometimes a long song is the best. 

There's just one more thing before I go, and it concerns Supernatural. I've been posting a lot of gifs and fan references lately and I feel like I should give all of you a heads up about this particular TV show.

Sam and Dean are awesome. There is no other way to say it. I love everything about them, their character, their personality their relationship as brothers - its pure awesomeness and I love it. But! There are a few things I think I should tell you. It isn't always.... clean. There are episodes that throw in a totally unnecessary scene that just isn't okay, especially in Season 4. The way they portray heaven, angels and God is .... wrong. Really wrong. And they make a lot of Biblical errors - like seriously, you feel like picking up a bible and hitting the writers with it. "Did you even read the story? No?? I didn't think so!"  Those things aside, the show is a little dark and intense. It has to be, I mean - They hunt demons!! It gets scary and nerve-wracking and isn't something you want to watch at night alone. In fact, the only reason I am watching it is because I have amazing older sisters who watch the episodes before I do, IMDB well in hand, and then I watch only the best of the best. Which is very nice *Grin* Basically, the Winchester Boys are awesome and wonderful but the episodes and stories aren't always the same. You follow me? 

Good.

WHEW! that's done. Now I can spend time with my family, have tea and watch a super fun movie not involving trauma. Bonus! :-) 


God Bless!
~Bella

6 comments:

  1. You watch movies that don't involve trama? How is that possible?

    I love that song. It makes me think of Amy and Rory and then I get sad, but I still love it. I'd play it at my wedding too and start crying and my husband would panic because he'd think I didn't want to marry him and then my family would panic because they've been determined lately to find me a husband and they'd think I was backing out and then I'd giggle because I had them all panicked and I'd go eat some cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We watch movies in black and white. *Smirk*

      That is the main reason I love it so much. Every time I listen to it I think of the Ponds. I even did a video for them to "a thousand years," and I made myself cry.

      I want to be at your wedding Jack :)

      Delete
  2. I watched Nicholas Nickleby recently. Talk about tears! I didn't realise, first time watching it, that my favourite character Smike was played by Jamie Bell. Twice as heartbreaking this time around.

    Good song. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would you do that to yourself Kat? Haven't stories maimed you enough?? On the other hand, if its Jamie Bell... Where is this movie?

      Delete
  3. That's the only version of that song that I really liked. lol.

    ..................................................................................Boom, boom, BOOM! NEAL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd say that :)


      You should watch season 3. Then you'd really feel like giving Neal a Boom triplet *Grin* He is so cool!!!

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things