Saturday, April 6, 2013

Merlin Blog Party Day 7 - Arthur and Merlin

For all you lovelies who did the Merlin Quiz (Jack *grin*) You can see your answers Here.

I'm going to do a post on Merlin and Arthur today. For those of you participating in the blog party, for this day you can basically blog about anything you darn well want as long as its about Merlin. Tomorrow I'll post my pictures from the Challenge. I hope you like them :-) 

"You came back to look for me."
"Alright its true. I came back because you're the only friend 
I have and I couldn't bear to lose you."
Merlin and Arthur are friends basically from the moment they meet. Okay, maybe not that fast. At first they really hate each other. Merlin thinks he's an arrogant bully and a jerk. Arthur thinks Merlin is an idiot, even if he is a brave one. Neither wishes to be in the others company. But after Merlin is nominated Arthur's manservant that is kind of impossible. For the first couple episodes Merlin and Arthur are both at odds and obviously can't stand each other. But slowly they grow to like each other. Merlin realizes it is his destiny to protect Arthur and becomes staunchly loyal to the king-to-be. Arthur grows fond of Merlin and his odd quirks, though he never really shows it. And so destiny begins to draws together two unlikely friends. 

Merlin and Arthur have an odd friendship. Merlin doesn't mind letting Arthur know he cares where as Arthur has trouble letting showing his feelings. There are only a few times when Arthur opens up and says exactly what he feels. I just love their dynamic and chemistry. Merlin is always getting into trouble on Arthur's sake, from being put in the stalks to nearly losing his life on several occasions. Arthur does the same for Merlin, but not as often. To be honest, Arthur thinks of Merlin as a rather naive younger brother who can be a bit of an idiot. There are times however when Arthur praises Merlin for his bravery
I have a servant who is extremely brave. Incredibly loyal,
 to be honest and not at all cowardly.

As the seasons go on the friendship between Merlin and Arthur gets stronger and they learn to trust each other wholly and completely. Arthur even gets upset when Merlin isn't there. "Where on earth have you been?" (this is most unfair, seeing as Merlin had been on the brink of death before this scene.)

In Season 5 the bond between Merlin and Arthur was at its height. Arthur understands that something is bothering Merlin and tries to help. 
  " Its been days since I've seen you smile. What's wrong?"
"I don't have much to smile about."

That just made me remember the last time Merlin ever smiles. :'( SOB!
I think Merlin and Arthur have one of the best friendships EVER! true friendship is when you care enough about each other to sacrifice everything and anything, when you are willing to open yourself up to each other, and when you really can't bear to lose each other. I love that. They are Best Friends and that's how it should be.

SPOILERS FROM FINAL EPISODE!


The Last Merlin episode had me in tears. When Merlin is forced to leave Arthur because Morgana takes his powers from him and Arthur thinks his last friend has deserted him, though he doesn't quite believe that. And then Merlin finds Arthur on the battle field :'(




 "Where have you been?" 
When Merlin is so desperate to save Arthur that he just wont give up, even when Arthur tells him, "With all your magic Merlin, you can't save me. Just, hold me. Please." 


I want to say something I've never said before.....
You're not saying goodbye -
No. But for all you've done...for me... for Camelot.... I just want to say - Thank You.

That whole ending scene was so very very sad. I kept crying and shouting at the screen. I still blame Moffat. Moffat took the Ponds. Moffat took Sherlock. Moffat took River. Moffat had something to do with Arthur's death. ITS HIS FAULT :'( 
And now in tribute to Arthur and Merlin, a video. Please enjoy *Spoilers*

I actually made this video :)
 
For Albion!
~Bella

4 comments:

  1. Definitely one of the best fictional relationships ever to thought up. Ever ever.

    Sorry I haven't been participating in the blog party so far. :/ Every time I was about to get around to doing some of the activities, I'd get busy and couldn't. So I'll hang my head in shame and go post about it now.

    ~Nessíma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Bellie-bud.
    I just wanted to let you know that even though I'm not doing the blog party...and still haven't seen enough Merlin to talk about, I"m really enjoying your posts for it. :D This one even made me *ehem*...cry a little. *Sniffle* Just a little mind you. And I've been a touch MORE emotional than is my usual. Oh, who am I kidding? I am ALWAYS a bit emotional. I'm like, "This song is so beautiful!...*Sob*" LOL. :P

    But anyway. I'm loving your blog party. :D And I am beginning to want to watch the series. I just don't know if I'm ready to love these character when I know how things end up. ;(

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this post! It is a couple posts down from my newest one.

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things