Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Merlin Blog Party Day 2~ Never Mentioned Characters

For this day, pick an under-appreciated character(s) from Merlin. Post your answers on your blog and link back to me!

 One Under Appreciated Character
Will


Will is one of those people who is never mentioned as the series goes on. He appears in Season 1 Episode 10, The Moment of Truth. He and Merlin were best friends before Merlin left for Camelot. Will even knows Merlin's greatest secret- that he has magic. In this episode Merlin and Will fight side by side, under the leadership of Arthur, to save their home town from bandits.
Will doesn't like or trust Arthur in the beginning. His father was killed by a noblemen and he's hated them ever since. But in the end Will accepts Arthur and ends up giving his life for the prince. Just as the battle is being won an arrow is aimed at Arthur's heart. Will leaps in its path and takes the shot for Arthur, with a brave "Just saved your life..... what did I do that for?"



This is the first time I ever cried in Merlin. I found it incredibly sad that Merlin had just lost his life-long friend. Also, Will does a very heroic thing there near the end. To win the battle Merlin had to use his magic. Arthur saw magic being used but Will and Merlin were standing side by side when it happened. As Will is dying he tells Arthur "It was me. I used magic, I am a sorcerer. Are you going to kill me?" To which Arthur replies, "No. Of course not." Will is left alone with Merlin, which is when he tells him to stay with Arthur, complete his destiny. "Arthur is a good man. I was wrong." That whole scene was sooooo sad :'( So I believe Will deserves more credit than he gets. He was a very good character and I really like him.


Before I go, I want to announce the Merlin Bulletin Board!



throughout the week, post your favorite pictures, scenes and quotes from Merlin on your blog. Post your favorite costumes and characters. Link them to my blog and tell me you've created a picture. (Comment or Email. Bellawriter98@gmail.com) Please specify which pictures are for the Bulletin; Example -
For The Bulletin Board (link back to me) 

At the end of the week I will collect your pictures and put as many as possible on the Merlin Bulletin Board :-D Have fun with this, okay? You can design and personalize your pictures. I enjoy using Picmonkey, it has a lot of fun effects you can use. I can't wait to see what you come up with :-)




For the Love of Camelot!~
Bella 

3 comments:

  1. I loved Will and wish they hadn't killed him - rotten BBC. They like to crush our souls. "Crush our souls?!" "Like a grape."

    I will have to think up some pictures and quotes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I did like Will. Heeeeey one of the episodes I SAW! *booom*. He was pretty nice in DW too. Even if that episode kinda sucked. lol. I like him a lot in Merlin... I don't understand why BBC seems to think if a character is good they shoulud kill him off. think about how much epic could wrought if they left the cool characters alive. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will is definitely one of my favorite minor characters.

    Here is my post for Days 1 and 2: http://thesplendorfalls.blogspot.com/2013/04/merlin-blog-party-days-1-and-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things