Saturday, March 2, 2013

Lenten cravings and a bit of week-day life

Why does Lent always make one want to bake all kinds of chocolate and creamy desserts?! Every day since Lent began all I can think about are tasty chocolate muffins, Sugar cookies, chocolate pie, and, most recently, warm, nutty brownies with a big bole of ice cream topped off with Coffee. This is because my sister is making brownies for tomorrow and I've been smelling them all day - then she showed them to me and had me smell them. all I could think about for the rest of the day was this;

Its always when you can't have something that you crave it. But tomorrow is Sunday and I shall enjoy myself heartily *rubs hands* We are having a friends over for tea scones - scones being TARDIS cookies - something I can barely wait for. It is looking like a good day.

I've started reading Percy Jackson again. last time I read them I wasn't really 'in the mood' for that style. now that I am, I adore Percy. He is so freakin' awesome. I I'm having book-character love. and he gets more awesome with each book! I just love him :)

I've taken to listening to the audio books of Jeeves and Wooster. We have them on tape - (I know, I know; Homeschooled.) They are soooo funny! They are read Alexander Spencer who reads the book in perfection. I adore how he reads Jeeves and Wooster is brilliant! Right now I am listening to "Thank you Jeeves." I believe there is nothing quite so wonderful as listening to books on tape while drinking tea. It is lovely. (this may also be the reason my writing is a bit odd today.)

I started doing The Thirty Day Shred - by Jillian Michaels. I haven't died yet - I've pushed through each exercise every day, even the push-ups! Woot, woot me! At first I'm like - I can do this! I'm not give up....." Then I'm like "Dang girl!"

And as I fumble and groan, Julian Michels is saying "Don't you dare stop! I want you to keep going."
Me- "OK. OK... NOT STOPPING." *Wheeze*

Lastly, I was able to finish my newest video. I've also done an  Amy and Rory video to All I ask of you. Check it out Here. I think I did quite well on it :)

Breathless; Amy and Rory

Tell me if you like it - I've decided that every now and again I will pop up with a music video. They are fun and I enjoy posting them. I hope you do too.

Now I shall pop off - I need to finish listening to Jeeves and Wooster. Tomorrow I will have brownies and coffee. Good-bye.


God Bless
Bella

10 comments:

  1. You're making ME hungry!! Can I have a brownie? Pleeeease???

    I finally read my first Percy Jackson book! I did enjoy it! Apparently they get really really good (?) as they go on, so I'm hopefully going to finish the series someday. The humour is really quite funny. (I love Grover!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first series of Percy Jackson is really good. The second.... spin off series is better. The kids are all a bit older, and Rick Riordan incorporates the Roman gods into them, so they're a little bit more.... mature? I like the spin of series more. :)

      Delete
  2. Yes okay, it's Lent. Between you and Amy and food, I don't know HOW I shall survive. Sheesh. You're like, "WE CAN"T EAT! LET'S POST AAALLLLLLLL THE FOOD PICTURES!" Weirdos.

    Back off. Percy is mine. :D I even drew him, that's the extent of my love. So there.

    Also, you made that video? Okay. You are good at making music videos. I'll admit it. RORY AND AMY FOREVS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get GIFs to work on your sidebars??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go to the blogger dashboard. Click "options" and go to 'layout' Then click "Add a gadget." A long strew of devices will come up. Scroll until you reach "Image." Upload one from the web. To do this find a gif you like and COPY IT URL. then go back and past the url into the "From the Web" box. Enter it.
      A preview of the gif will pop up when it is ready to be saved. hit 'Save' after the preview comes up. TADA!

      Delete
    2. Yahh! It worked! Thank you! Now I have Tom and Sybil Branson's love story on my sidebar : )

      How's the drama with your videos going? Do you have a saved copy on your computer? If you do, than it's not that much of a heartbreak; you can start over again?

      Delete
  4. Bella, I'm so sorry! it was such a beautiful video and you worked so hard on it! This has never happened to me and think because I put my own copyright at the end of each video that states: Made by Ivy M. Spargur, then I have the song and the song artists, and then my website. I make sure I have personally copyrighted every video.

    Where did you get the Downton Abbey material from to use the video? I have never actually used scenes from the show, they're all GIFs and graphics. What about your other videos? Has it happened to them?

    ~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Just wanted to say I really like your blog! :)
    And I love the Julian Michels workout videos! Have you ever tried the Kick boxing one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dare

      Welcome to my palace in Ciber Space :) I am so glad you like my blog.

      No I haven't tried that one - right now I'm just doing the 30-day-shred. It is very difficult *pant*

      God Bless

      Delete
  6. Bella ~ Och, I know what you mean about Amy's cooking. She spends most evenings looking at food blogs and showing me pictures of AH-mazing food which neither of us can eat until after the Penatential Season has passed. It makes me a bit on the peckish side.

    Oh, yes.... Jillian. "If you think you're going to *die*".... oh, I do, I do! The first week was horrific, but it is not so bad now. I cannot do push-ups consistantly. Some days, I do them like a pro, some days, I just end up on my face on the carpet, wondering how that happened.

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things