Monday, April 8, 2013

"I love school!.........." Said no one ever.

I absolutely despise sending in papers. It is not my joy in life. For one thing, I always forget to start correcting until week seventeen or eighteen. For another, the school we are going through, Our Lady of Victory seems to enjoy dumping as much school work as possible on your plate *evil chuckle* it is a good school - a credited and everything! - but do not get me started on their History lesson plans. 

Today you will do 20 questions with HORRIFICALLY long answers, two 200+ book reports, an essay and a chapter review on the Donner Party Tragedy. Don't forget your work sheet! 

Okay maybe not that bad. but you get what I mean. However *drum roll* I am now on
week 20 in history!!!!!! *dances* I'm on week 24 in Science which is awesome :) 

I've given up making music video's for the remainder of Lent :'( But I have a couple songs I have yet to share with you and here is one of them.

Arthur and Gwen - All I ask of you
video

I will save the 2nd one for later. One day I promise I will do a video that ISN'T about love. One day.

For anyone in need of a good read, here is a series of books that are completely brilliant in every way. They are the best family in the world, I swear.
.

"a summer tale of four girls, two rabbits
and one very interesting boy"


These books are about four sister living in an ordinary family with an ordinary house, and getting into ordinary mischief. They are not bad girls, quite the opposite. Trouble just seems to follow them where ever they go, whether they're on a family vacation or on their home street in Cameron, Massachusetts. I adore them. They can be read at basically any age and if you are in need of a good, solid read, I recommend The Penderwicks. You won't be disappointed. 

I listened to Newsies yesterday. There is something special about a bunch of News boys standing up and going on strike. They are soooo awesome. I get a rush every single time I listen to them. 
This scene takes place right after Jack Kellie, the leader of the Newsies, decides to go on strike. One of my favorite scenes - "AND THE WORLD WILL KNOW!" *Eep* 


I've began Level 2 of the thirty day shred. It is a bit more intense then level 1.

First I was like
I am sore...... I am very much sore... I am sore everywhere.

Then I was like - But look what I can do now! I'm strong, I'm a beast! :)
So yeah, all going well.

For some odd reason or another, I desperately want to watch Rigoletto again. It is by Feature Films for Families and it is one  of their best films in my opinion.  


Its a Beauty and the Beast story .... with music. *grin* Here is the summary -

       Things are not going well in the depression-era town of Castle Gate. Mr. Ribaldi, a mysterious rich man with a disfigured face and an abrasive personality, has just bought and moved into a long-vacant mansion. Bonnie, an adolescent girl who loves to sing, ends up working for Ribaldi so that her family can stay in their house. But Ribaldi is quite an accomplished musician himself, and he is soon giving Bonnie voice lessons. Meanwhile, local businesses are being shut down by foreclosures, and the townspeople suspect Ribaldi is responsible. 

The summary doesn't do it justice. It is brilliant either way. A good watch :) Unfortunately there is no trailer - I did look. The only thing I found was Part 1. I don't think anyone wants to watch the beginning seven minutes of Rigoletto.  

I'll be back!............soon. But don't worry. The future is safe. Very safe. Sleep well.
~Bella 




Oi, what are you....Oh you just wan to comment? Then that's okay, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

13 comments:

  1. Hello, dearie! Love your blog!

    And your music videos!!! Aren't they fun?! Love making them. Anyway. And there can never be too many music videos about love. Nevahhhhh. :)

    ALSO. Rigoletto is so sweet! Definitely a Beauty and the Beast/Phantom of the Opera twist (facially deformed guy teaching girl how to sing). Sigh.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HELLO!!!!

      I adore making music videos :) hey, you've made quite a few - can you give me some advice on how NOT to get them flagged for infringement and stuff like that? i like to keep them ON youtube :D


      "Love more than anything
      Teaches our hearts to sing!
      Only love.......!
      can break the spell, now I know
      very well...
      the love withing myself."

      I thought it was a bit like Phantom too - with a nicer Phantom though. HE doesn't hang people

      Delete
  2. I totally hear you about school work load. I have so much to do in college that I feel like I'm going to go crazy. I got really spoiled when I was homeschooled.

    Rigoletto is one of my favorite movies!!! I love it and the soundtrack too! Newsies is another favorite of mine...I can't believe how young Christian Bale was!

    To answer your questions, I use Windows Movie Maker and so for me, I'll I have to do is save the GIFs to a file, then click on pictures in WMM and locate the file. Then I select the picture I want and add to whatever movie I'm making. What exactly are you having problems with?

    How do you use scenes from movies and television shows?? Do you have to have a special DVD ripper?

    Oh, I put those captions on myself : ) I'm using the lyrics from "My Heart Will Go On" that I used in my Sybil and Branson video. Actually the whole layout theme is St. Patrick's Day, because Sybil's husband, Branson, is Irish. That's the first time I've used a Sybil and Branson themed layout. I think it's pretty : )

    ~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. How do you save your gif? Do you go onto google, find a gif and say "save imgae as....." or what? Because all the gifs I'm trying to put into my video don't move. They just sit there... still :'(

      Yes, I rip DVD's with Realplayer. Why?

      the gifs on your blog are cute :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I just go online and save them. It may depend on what kind of moviemaker you're using, because when I put the gifs in and press play, they move.

      I was just wondering, because I've been wanting to find better ways to make videos. I have an awesome idea for one, but it would be really complicated to do with just gifs.

      Than you : )

      ~Ivy

      Delete
  3. Haha. Wait until you get to bibliographies. Now those suck.

    The Newsies.... MINE!! YOU NO CAN HAZ! *Grrrrrrrrrrrrr*

    Rigoletto. We must watch that again.

    You make good music videos.

    Bye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, odd DeLallo person. I love you

      Delete
  4. "And the World will know! Hurst and Pullizer have we got news for you!....And our ranks will grow, and the young stand tall, and World will know that we've been here!!"

    Yeah. But you already know my thoughts on Newsies. Jack -> eeek! David -> EEEK! Les -> -_- Denton - EEEEKKK!!! ;) {Favorite movie evah}

    Sorry to hear about school. I hear ya though. It's been brutal here, too. :( It's like my older sister ended school, and my mother became a slave driver! O.O {I'm not gonna lie. It's scary sometimes. *grin* Not really}

    Well, speaking of school....I best get to it! Ta-taa!

    ~Anna ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely video, Bella. Yes, Merlin is another Show To Watch. That's my BBC show. My American one is Psych. Gotta get it done.

    After I finished a rhyming alphabet book, another how-to draw for beginners, and add a few more items to my Etsy shop.

    Yeah. After.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you. Gwen and Arthur are one of my favorite couples - they are so cute :) That last kiss I found is when Arthur almost DIED. I adore that kiss. I want to show you Merlin. you'd like it. even the FORMANS like it

      Delete
  6. You should be a baby and then you wouldn't have to go to school. It works for me. I only get to do fun things, like read. Though I do have to keep an eye on Jack, which is hard.

    John, I completely understood everythign you just said. I must be a real nerd *sigh*

    I like Newises. I would be one if I got to learn how to dance.

    I will meet you someday and I will watch all the Columbos with you, not just the five you watch over and over and we can watch him get mad at the mean Spock doctor together. And we can watch the Kirk one, because Kirk is cool. (And he is even cooler when he becomes Juliet's dad in Psych. Even though he's kind of bad...he turned bad after he stopped being captain...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I find those books I might have to pick them up. Always on the lookout for good books.

    I've been fairly well, and you? Getting through your Doctor Who heart break yet? (Did you see the Christmas Special?)

    Thank you for the comment you left me. You have been one of the best parts about all that has happened to me lately. I'd go through all of it again because the friend I lost was the one who convinced me to get a blog, and it was through that that I met you and your sisters.

    I find it hard to believe you know how it feels to be bitter. You are one of the sweetest people I know and always make me smile through your emails and comments. You care about others and always seem to know what to say to make them feel better. So keep that in mind, you are well loved by many of us online.

    I am glad to hear you have such a good friend in your sister, and that she keeps an eye out for you. I think some of the best friends a person should have is their siblings. I've discovered the same thing with my brothers.

    And aye, I would LOVE to have a cup of tea with you! And thank you, for being such a wonderful friend. You really always brighten me up, through emails or comments or even your blog. And someday we MUST meet. We just must. *Nods*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you! I'm going to write to you, a nice long email :) How do you take your tea? Sugar? Milk?

      Delete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things