Saturday, January 19, 2013

Today is a great day

After I threw myself into the Blog-niverse, I felt a little more bold. So today I will do my first real - not-about-me- post :)


       I woke up this morning and I realized that (for me) this is a brilliant, amazing, spectacular day! One year ago on this date I watched my first ever Merlin episode.
                                         "How small you are for such a great destiny."

  From the moment Merlin stepped into view, I thought "This is going to be amazing" As the episode progressed I found myself falling further and further in love. Then Merlin told off Arthur, I was like -
"I LOVE HIM!!!!"  By the end  of episode one I was a hopeless Merkin.
   
        To celebrate this MOMENTOUS day, I have decided to be very fangirly. Meaning embarrassingly fangirly. I can barely believe I even am this fangirly. Great, now I'm stalling. But really, this is rather shocking to say the least. I found out that I have extreme giddiness when it comes to Merlin. Okay, enough Stalling. Here you go;

The left girl is my sister, Christina. She was nice enough to fangirl with me :) We are Merlin!! (like you didn't know, right?) Now, how fangirly is that???

 I have also decided to begin watching Merlin again - right from the beginning. I plan to do so with a red scarf about my neck and a book of magic in my hand.  I intend to learn at least two spells. I was going to wear a fezz but Arthur smacked me with a towel and told me I could not celebrate one TV show with the logo of another - especially not A logo from that ridiculous Doctor Who. I was so insulted I almost slapped him. Maybe, just to make him angry I'll wear a bow tie.


  \

Merlin and Gwen approve. *smirk*

 For any of you Merkins out there here are five Nerd Facts on "Merlin"

1) The name "Emerys" is welsh for "immortal"or "eternal"

2) thirty-seven actors in "Merlin" have played in "Doctor Who." (Challenge -  how many can you name?)

3)  The scene where Arthur pulls the sword from the stone was filmed just before midnight on Christmas Eve.

4) Morgana (Katie Mcgrath) is naturally blonde and had to dye her hair every three weeks when filming "Merlin"


5) Colin Morgan has a brother Neil  (29) who starred as an extra in many Merlin episodes!

  Do any of you have some fun facts to share?? 


  Now as a special, I am going to do a TAG!!!! This tag is sort of for any Merkin who wants to do it. You don't have to Tag anyone back or anything... If you know other Merkins who would LOVE to do this, Tag away. But if you sit there thinking "I have no one to tag." don't sweat it. Just answer the questions :-)


1) Who is your favorite Merlin character(s)?

 Arthur and Merlin. They are equal.

2) Which Season of Merlin is your favorite and why?

Season one. It had the most 'magic'  and was way more light-hearted than the rest. Plus it had the greatest villains. These three Badies were the BEST.





3) Which episode of Merlin stands out in your mind as the best? 

The Poisoned Chalice - Season one.

4) When did you first watch Merlin?

One year ago on January 19, 2012

5) Who is your favorite villain?

Its a toss-up between Lady Helen and Nimueh

6) If you could meet one character from Merlin, which one would it be? 

I want to say Arthur, because he is brilliant.... But Merlin is - Merlin *smile* So I'm gonna say Merlin. *Dodges Arthur's punch*

7) Who is your favorite Knight?

Sir Lancelot. <3 him

He is the most honorable and kind knight there is - one of the only knights that is actually nice to Merlin. and I love his bravery and courage. He is so amazing :-)

8) What is your favorite quote from Merlin?

"Better to serve a good man then to rule with an evil one." -Merlin "The curse of Cornelius Sigan."

9) If you were able to walk inside one episode, which would it be?

The Darkest Hour

10) Which costume is your favorite? 

Merlin's. Hands down.

11) Which death affected you the most?

Does it need saying?

12) How do you feel about Merlin's ending? 
                      

                                                                ALL OVER!

I Now Tag

  &

Go forth, brave Merkins, and answer without fear! 

         Before I'd go, I'm going to be very rant-like and fangirlishly angry.

BBC has this  thing with killing all the good characters. For example;

 Merlin had a good villain appear in Season Two.... but he died. Season three had ONE good villain. Some idiot decided it was a brilliant idea to get rid of him.  And he was a good villain! I really liked him, he had a queer sense of honor and knew when to back off. I liked hating him. Then he was gone. and I was like - 

                           

In wonderful Season 4 a character usually died every other episode. Sometime you were like "Eh, who cares?" other times you were like "WHAT??? but but... he was cool.

So to be very frank, Merlin is one of my very favorite TV shows - it is right up there with Doctor Who and Sherlock. It is brilliant and I love it! 

                                          Merlin Season One - Trailer
   
Wooooosh!!! Now I am almost done. I've also probably weirded you out beyond imagining, but that's okay. Right? *Grin*

Before I go here is just one more thing. Remember, I will Stalk You for your answers *Evil chuckle*
The Answers will be posted tomorrow or Monday  :-)

                                  How much of a Merkin are you??

In which episode is the "Tavern Joke" first brought up? (For you who haven't seen Season 3, you won't know the answer to this one.) 
What is the Great Dragons name?
In which episode is Merlin first referred to as "Emery's"?
Which flower does Nimueh use to poison Merlin? 
How long has the Great Dragon been imprisoned?
What is Merlin's Mother's name?

No skulking about for answers *Grin* No, I'm teasing. If you really can't answer, than by all means, skulk. But on your own head be it!

 "Its lonely to be more powerful than any man you know and have to live like a shadow. To be special and have to pretend you're a fool."

God Bless!!
Bella
















Oi, what are you.... oh you just want to comment? Then that's okay, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

15 comments:

  1. I have heard so much about this show! I really want to see it, but the one thing that struck me is how young they all are. I'm use to all the Arthurian legends being played by middle-aged adults!

    ~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. This is a much better twist on the Athurian legend (in my opinion) By the end of the show all the characters are in their mid-twenties, give or take. It is good, you should give it a try :)

      God Bless

      Delete
  2. Have you always enjoyed Arthurian legends?

    ~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Arthurian Legend but I'm not a "Purest" so the tweeks and changes they make to the show. In fact I quite loved the changes *Smile*

      God Bless

      Delete
  3. I like your Merlin outfit. I have a friend who plans to go as him to the Ren Faire. if I make it out, I want to go as Arthur with her, *Grin* I am even planning on making his claok.

    Glad you liked the snippet!

    I think I'd like to travel with Howl without Sophie. He won me over like all the other girls he tried to *Smirk*

    I'm still at the Troll queen in Merlin. I haven't had a chance to watch more 8-P Maybe Tuesday if I get my writing and editing done in time.

    Right now, bed. I shall have to do the tag later, thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I am actually more of an "Arthur" but Merlin is cooler so..... *Grin*

      Howl is amazing. I love him to bits - he and Sophie are really cute together.


      God Bless

      Delete
  4. Hello, Bella! Wow...you've sure taken off with your blog. Dang, girl! :D It's a nice blog. It's a very ~You~ blog.

    This was a fun post. I will have to knuckle down and watch Merlin. I can only join in the fandom a tiny bit since watching maybe five episodes hardly counts as being a fan. *grin*

    Good luck with your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And do you realize that you have the 'prove you're not a robot' setting on? I know you hate it so I thought I'd give you a heads up! Cause I'm such a nice big sister. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed that. It is now gone. Retarded robots giving all of us a bad name.

      YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WATCH MERLIN WITHOUT ME!!!! Why don't you come over tonight and, erm, watch some? We can have a "Merlin" night. Pretty Please? Pretty PRETTY please?

      God Bless!

      Delete
  6. Was it really two years ago we first watched Merlin? I don't think I've had Merlin: Season One that long. I'm pretty sure I bought the first season last year... well, back in December 2011, and I didn't show youse all any of the episodes until that following January.

    Now see, I'm glad they made the Merlin seasons a bit older and darker. I thought they started off kind of simple and la-dee-dah, but I think I'd enjoy them more if the plots get darker. Hoot hoot! One day I shall add Merkin to this list:

    I AM...
    A Whovian (Doctor Who)
    A Sherlockian (Sherlock)
    A Oncer (Once Upon a Time)
    A Merkin - soon (Merlin)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. If you noticed, I changed it to one year *Grin* somehow I thought it was two years :-/


      I liked it when Merlin got darker too. I just wish we'd had better baddies. S4 was good but it had a lot of random episodes that had nothing to do with the story line. Then there was S5 which would be my favorite but it was too sad :'(

      You have to come over and watch Merlin with me. I SWEAR I won't fangirl. (Not loudly at any rate)

      I want to be a Oncer. Time to be a Oncer.

      God Bless

      Delete
  7. Merlin is fantastic and one of my favourite TV shows of all time. In early 2012 I bought the boxsets of series one to four and I was instantly hooked. It took some getting used to having to watch only one episode a week for series five! I'm with your friend Katrina on the series. I love how Merlin got darker and more grown-up over time, the show became closer to the legends. Series one was great fun and I loved it but the episodes were kind of samey. Series four and five are tied as my favourites, although Morgause was my favourite villain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like Merlin! Who's your favorite character?

      Delete
  8. Merlin! I love him so much. Although I love almost everyone in the show. Well, not Uther : )

    ReplyDelete

Oi, what are you.... Oh, you just want to comment? Then that's fine, please do! I love comments! but, um, I sort of stalk them.

Pile of good things

Pile of good things